Equinox Jury

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quick story as an Equinox juror: I live across the street from a large park and see people swinging there at least a few times a month. It's always nice to see other detectorists enjoying the greatest hobby on earth. A couple days ago, for the first time I saw another detectorists with a Nox in hand. It was the first time I have ever felt threatened. Like, how dare he come into my neighborhood with such a powerful machine of multi-frequency sorcery! I thought I was the only wizard who could wield such power. It's funny, because any other machine and I couldn't care less, but for some reason seeing that Nox in his hand made me uneasy. Then I realized something - I believe the Nox is so good that seeing another out in the wild like that left a pit in my stomach. I know that guy is going to find some good stuff, and for that I am happy for him... sort of. ;)

Last edited:

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A quick story as an Equinox juror: I live across the street from a large park and see people swinging there at least a few times a month. It's always nice to see other detectorists enjoying the greatest hobby on earth. A couple days ago, for the first time I saw another detectorists with a Nox in hand. It was the first time I have ever felt threatened. Like, how dare he come into my neighborhood with such a powerful machine of multi-frequency sorcery! I thought I was the only wizard who could wield such power. It's funny, because any other machine and I couldn't care less, but for some reason seeing that Nox in his hand made me uneasy. Then I realized something - I believe the Nox is so good that seeing another out in the wild like that left a pit in my stomach. I know that guy is going to find some good stuff, and for that I am happy for him... sort of. ;)

Too funny:laughing7: how do you think I feel, my nox competition shares the same house as me, and she always seems to make the better finds:dontknow:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a member of the jury, I judge the Equinox based on performance, not hype. Check out the finds using the Nox here on Tnet and other sites. As for being accused of being the best buy for it's performance and versatility on the market today.....guilty as charged! :icon_thumleft:

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Minelabs,Red Heats, XP's, Fisher, Whites, others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After about 6 or 7 weeks of having the 800 i am getting used to it more . There a few places i search on a few beaches it doesn't like but that is not to do with the machine or the beaches , just a lot of EMI that cannot be got around .
Beach 2 works well in the salt water , Beach 1 works better away from the water .
So far i have had around £150 in coinage , an 18 k Gold ring , 13 Silver rings , 1 Silver chain , 2 Silver Pendants , a Silver bangle and a few other old / foreign coins .
I cannot say its deep , not found anything very deep yet but being light , waterproof , multi frequency and works well in the salt wet makes it tick most of the boxes .
Thats why i am selling my Explorer 11 and buying a second Nox 800 .
Its not the hardest machine to learn , is more where its best suited . Each mode is a bit different and needs to be investigated , anyone selling before they have checked it all out might be making a big mistake .

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 800 and so far I like it. I'm still learning it. Well worth the money, that's for sure.

doubloon hunter

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The 600 at 600$ is the best value in metal detecting... makes at pros obsolete...

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My vote is in and guilty as charged. The Equinox is every bit as good as the hype said it would be. This is just like the iPhone when it came out. The only difference is there is no price gouging. Costs like $26 to make a $800 iPhone plus your monthly phone bill and probably $100 to make a $899 detector plus 100's of hours of enjoyment

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
to me, application is everything. I have a Deus and am keeping and using the Deus as a primary detector. however, the Deus is not the best water detector out there and so I am getting the 600 to replace my AT GOLD. The Nox will be my back up detector as well and who knows, it may get used a lot as well by the wife and I. But from I have seen and heard, it totally knocks the socks off my Garrett. This Nox is an investment for someone like me, therefore the research has been put in, the questions asked and the various threads and posts read so that I can justify the purchase. Selling my AT will help with most of the purchase and so that helps a lot. At this point, I don't see any one machine as being the "perfect machine for everything." however, they sure are getting better and closer. Advances like the Nox will of course, drive others to step up to the plate more so with their own advances. So, in the end, we all should profit from this "race."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread