Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen one or two so far. You can contact Minelab for a new cuff, or your local dealer may have arm cuff pads from another manufacturer that fits well (Garrett) for a few dollars plus shipping.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about "worn" but my cuff is peeling up. The closest dealer for me is 1.5 hours. I plan to just glue mine back down.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh. Really shouldn't happen on a new machine.

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happened on my 800... started peeling away after 50 hours of use...emailed minelab and they sent me a new arm cuff... we will see how long the new one last.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine too...and my hunting buddy's unit. The "foam pad" starts to peel up/tear. I re-glued mine with a cyanoacrylate-based glue, and it's holding OK so far, and Minelab has sent me a new cuff as well. Hopefully, this was just a "bad batch" of cuffs with a bad "glue job" on the foam pads...

Steve

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh. Really shouldn't happen on a new machine.

Yep your right. Shouldn’t happen on a new machine. Mine is also peeling up, but I must say that the neoprene patch that we are talking about is a life saver on the beach when wearing no shirt or sleeves. With the Deus beach hunting in the hot weather the sand and sweat tore up my skin without sleeves. With the Nox the sand doesn’t bother me at all. Just wish it would be a bit more durable.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a removable pad/cover called the Cuffer. Works great and weatherproof neoprene but I don't think it is something you would want to take into the water and submerge.

Last edited:

Happa54

Feb 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
EQX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same thing happened to my 600 only after a few hours of use. I couldn't believe that the padding was coming apart so quickly. I bought some thick pipe insulation from Home Depot...cut it to fit and glued it with the Gorilla stuff. So far, it has not come off and the arm cuff is pretty comfortable now.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm. Pipe insulation. Interesting solution. Have a pic? I'd be curious to see your handiwork...

Steve

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have about 50 hours on mine, no peeling. Several long water hunts as well, but I sized my cuff to my arm with a heat gun so there is no chaffing... or flexing. This is probably what is causing yours to lift.. it doesn't fit your arm.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me, flgliderpilot, it seems to be happening due to sliding my arm into the cuff, and "under" the Velcro strap, especially when I am wearing like a sweatshirt or something. Sliding my arm into the cuff and under the strap, is allowing my sweatshirt sleeve to "rub" on the foam pad as my arm slides in, and this is where the foam pad is lifting or peeling -- right where my sleeve rubs on it as I slide my arm in...

Steve

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know about that idea, Wrecka!! While it would probably work real well, the Mrs. might not be so enthusiastic about it! You know what they say...if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! ;)

Steve

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have between 120 -130 hours on my E-800 and have no cuff issues and if I did I would solve it on my own somehow..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heated arm cuff on my first Nox I received to make it more conformed to my forearm, then put the arm cuff pad from the Sov GT on it.

Minelab Arm Rest Kit.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread