Today's in-the-field comparisons between the Equinox and CTX...

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey I totally understand the red clay, I have it all here. mostly the clay and clay mixtures but occasionally you find an area of actual dirt. the rocks here are terrible, had a guy doze my 5 acres so I could build my house back in the 82, the sheer number of rocks looked like a fresh potato harvest. when the clay gets hard, it is chisel hard LOL. I think most of our dirt washed down to Louisiana from all of the old clear cutting years ago. sounds like the Nox will be a lighter machine for you too.

Dirtlooter -- then you know all about machines (single freq) struggling to give accurate ID on deeper coins...the iron in red dirt wreaks havoc on ID capability on a single frequency unit! And yes, you are probably right; all your good soil is now in the Gulf of Mexico! ;) I'm not sure Oklahoma ever HAD good soil; most of the time the only decent dirt around here is in the river bottoms...

That is just simply awesome! I finally have the money to buy one, so i'm looking around now! Can't wait to put this bad boy in my hands!

Glad to hear it! Take your time learning the language, GoDeep, and I think the machine will begin to impress you!

Steve

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need to get my tornado equipped F75 out of the truck with me on the next hunt to compare signals. Keep thinking about doing this but never do. Very nice write up!

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HighVDI -- might be something to do when I'm home visiting...comparing signals is easier to do with two sets of hands, than one! ;)

Steve

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well we saw Apple slay Nokia in the past 10 years. Anyone using a Nokia phone? There are inflection points in all industries from time to time and maybe this will really shake up some other metal detecting companies especially Garrett. Probably a lot of pressure on Garrett engineers now from their sales people.

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
felix -- that, to me, is one really great "side benefit" of the Equinox. By Minelab releasing such a capable, skilled, feature-filled detector at such a super price, it forces all other manufacturers to really "step up their game," which -- in the end -- really benefits us all!

Steve

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions