GoDeep

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe i'm just one luck SOB, but this thing is lighting it up for me. Now, in reading the comments of those who say it isn't lighting it up for them, I noticed most of them have a common theme, their current our past stable already had a high end machine in them (Deus, Minelab Etrac Safari, V3i etc).

Perspective is everything and coming from my AT PRO to this is a big WOW factor for me. The AT PRO was not a bad machine, but it would barely detect a freshly buried quarter at 6" in my soil and the ability of this machine to pick out a masked target is better then my AT Pro.

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoying reading this thread. I have the Safari, and I’ve been a big fan of it since I bought it. I’m not good (just yet) with understanding the technology that has supposedly superseded these other machines (etrac, Safari, 3030, etc).

I do want a equinox800 mainly for salt water hunting and In-water hunting. Besides that fact of me wanting to use it in water, is my safari as good as the nox 800? If this is derailing the thread, I can start my own. Thought it was still relevant though.

OP
OP
GoDeep

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I Just got a "hot" one. Park 1 mode, nothing notched out, sensitivity 21, reactivity at 3(equivalent to 6 on the 800) a quarter is air testing at 15(faint, but repeatable)! All things being equal, I had air tested my AT Pro and it was 10". My CZ7 with 10.5 coil 13". I'll test in ground next on a quarter, but I can tell you my previous in ground tests of the AT Pro yielded 6", My CZ7 9".

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprising, because skill can only take you so far when trying to separate targets in super thick trash with a machine with relatively slow recovery speed vs. The Equinox. Scary to think what they could be doing with an Equinox in their hands.
Took the words right out of my mouth.....only in a much nicer way!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, in reading the comments of those who say it isn't lighting it up for them, I noticed most of them have a common theme, their current our past stable already had a high end machine in them (Deus, Minelab Etrac Safari, V3i etc).

You are correct there. Folks who consistently use those machine probably won't see much of an additional advantage.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 advantages I am noticing with the E600 vs Deus....
It hits coins harder and ID's them much, much better at depth, found a wheat last night at 10" (VDI 20), this is the 1st coin the NOX has found that the Deus has missed....missed at least 50 times. (Great grandparents property).

Depth on coin sized targets is better than the Deus.....although I am not shocked by this because I've only owned 9" coils for the Deus.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted the 600 for the salt water beach, but finally decided I was not going to go in the water. I have never been much for water hunting anyway, so it was an easy decision.

The Equinox does not have the edge in red iron rich soil. Only the huge 74 khz machines will punch through it. One of my fav places is like that, but I went yesterday before the storms and still pulled out about 8 CW relics from this pounded place. It's not so much a matter of depth there but iron masking and gross soil to begin with.

I know the Equinox series will make a lot of people happy. The build quality may want you to buy a spare lower shaft at some point as it may be a weak point. Better to have a spare on hand than get out to a site and have a boo -boo. I do that with connectors, shafts, headphones, on my other machines, FYI. It's no biggie, just being prepared.

OP
OP
GoDeep

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 advantages I am noticing with the E600 vs Deus....
It hits coins harder and ID's them much, much better at depth, found a wheat last night at 10" (VDI 20), this is the 1st coin the NOX has found that the Deus has missed....missed at least 50 times. (Great grandparents property).

Depth on coin sized targets is better than the Deus.....although I am not shocked by this because I've only owned 9" coils for the Deus.

What were your settings when you pulled this out? I've been running Park1, recovery 3(Equivalent to 6 on the EQ800), Sens. 20. Tracking GB.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What were your settings when you pulled this out? I've been running Park1, recovery 3(Equivalent to 6 on the EQ800), Sens. 20. Tracking GB.
Park 2 stock settings, (bumped volume to 22) noise cancel then pumped coil in clean soil for GB.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread