Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Equinox 800 front yard surprise!

I can't even believe it. Since I started detecting a few years ago, I've hunted my yard with a HF 9 Function, an Ace 350, An AT-Pro, and a CZ-21.

Tonight, I decided... "you know what I'm getting pretty good with my Equinox 800" ... lets see if I can find some old coins in the yard?

My yard is LITTERED with roofing nails, wiring, and bits of aluminum.

I dug a dime... then a penny and then this.... a 10K ring. Whaaaaat !? I tested it and it's not a diamond, but it IS 10k according to my gold test kit... and I sanded pretty deep to get thru any plating. I don't know what the stone is... yet.

Rang up as a solid 18. Totally unexpected. Soaking in vinegar now. Wife is impressed. Ladies are ringing the door bell. yeah I still got it. I love this machine.

IMG_0470.JPG

Last edited:

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice...……………………………………...:thumbsup:

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. The machine so far seems to have lived up to the hype.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I had a friend come over last year and wanted to hunt my lawn. Ho hum. So ok, go ahead. He found a $1 US gold coin, an early half dollar and a smashed Confederate button in about 8 hours on three different days. (And a 5 gallon bucket of trash.) I still can't grasp it! Helps to look in your own lawn.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
aye, the wife is happy too so what more do you need?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's a pic with it cleaned up. Looks like a keeper for sure.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet! cleaned up nicely

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah dang after cleaning it up a bit more I found the copper underneath. Fake! Still a neat find, been there a long time.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can't even believe it. Since I started detecting a few years ago, I've hunted my yard with a HF 9 Function, an Ace 350, An AT-Pro, and a CZ-21.

Tonight, I decided... "you know what I'm getting pretty good with my Equinox 800" ... lets see if I can find some old coins in the yard?

My yard is LITTERED with roofing nails, wiring, and bits of aluminum.

I dug a dime... then a penny and then this.... a 10K ring. Whaaaaat !? I tested it and it's not a diamond, but it IS 10k according to my gold test kit... and I sanded pretty deep to get thru any plating. I don't know what the stone is... yet.

Rang up as a solid 18. Totally unexpected. Soaking in vinegar now. Wife is impressed. Ladies are ringing the door bell. yeah I still got it. I love this machine.

View attachment 1589824

same thing happed to me with my 800. first day out decided to give a hard test at a park that is along the river in atlanta and is slammed with people every weekend. Around the picnic tables near the river I gave up hunting with my at pro even with the 5x8" coil. probably a pop top, foil wrappers ever 2-3 inches. Only way to find a coin if it was on the surface. So went over to the picnic tables and after about 30 minutes boom, .925 silver ring with what looks like an aquamarine stone and maybe small (very small) diamond. Maybe just dumb luck, right place right time, who knows?
ring925may152018web.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread