Can the Equinox hit a 10” Dime or a 12” Quarter?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Slow your swing speed way down, also slow the reactivity to 3 and bump up the sensitivity. Switch over to all metal mode on iffy targets and see if it cleans up the response, if so dig it..if you start hearing the iron grunt, leave it be

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it can, but I think I remember you saying you had nasty soil. I have found them with P1 and F1 and have been running 5 tone for now. I have very easy soil to dig in, so not sure how they will do in your's. As mentioned, slow your speed a bit, and also make sure the volume is up enough to hear those iffy's. Maybe pop the Threshold up a bit. Good Luck!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If primarily going after old silver then hit it first with Park 1 without changing the defaults at all! If the Park has lots of iron trash, consider LOWERING iron bias to better facilitate unmasking. The default performance settings are proven for 80 to 90 % of situations. If things are not jelling as far as deep recoveries, then consider lowering recovery speed or upping gain (but not both at once, initially) but be aware that you may also just be increasing the noise floor as well, so make only small adjustments to see if the improve or degrade performance. Per the manual, lowering recovery speed and swing speed can tend to increase ground feedback noise. Similarly, increasing gain may just increase the noise floor and/or falsing. There is no free lunch when it comes to maximizing detection depth, only meticulously balancing a number of trade offs to get the machine operating as quiet and stable as possible while maximizing sensitivity only to the extent you keep the machine on the edge of being stable/quiet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread