Nox Dilemma - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Nox Dilemma

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2014
    Central Texas
    Equinox 800 Modified Explorer 2 Raptor c-31 digger 31" Lesche Sampson
    3103 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Dan is correct, call Jamie or Tracy, Marty no longer works for Minelab. These are their direct lines to their desks.

1.Jamie@630-401-8150

2. Tracy@630-401-8159
    That would explain why I haven't been able to get though to Marty

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7388 times
    Awesome. Thanks, folks!
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    I don't do this because I like it. I do this because I love it!

Apr 2017
    NEW ENGLAND
    Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
    1559 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    To those who got through to a human, which of the above numbers worked best?
    1-877-767-6522 Jamie
    vferrari likes this.

us
    Dec 2016
    Blountsville, Al
    Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
    949 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks for the phone numbers I will give them until lunch tommorow to call me, hope they do after that I will try the numbers that was posted. Thank you vferrari !
    vferrari likes this.
    One never knows what they are going to find until they flip the plug over.

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    25388 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    You’ll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.
    Phishfindr likes this.

us
    Dec 2016
    Blountsville, Al
    Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
    949 times
    Metal Detecting
    Update on the shaft wobble and contacting Minelab. OK Tracy called me this morning about the wobble problem, she instructed me to return ONLY the center shaft, she is sending me a UPS Call sheet and I got a RMA from her to return the shaft.

First off this makes me feel much better about returning the unit could not understand why Minelab needed the entire detector (headphones, cables, coil etc.) to correct a shaft problem. So back goes the center shaft today see how it goes on the replacement. Hope to get new shaft before Memorial Day if not I will use my AT-Max.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2017
    NEW ENGLAND
    Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
    1559 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal2k View Post
    Update on the shaft wobble and contacting Minelab. OK Tracy called me this morning about the wobble problem, she instructed me to return ONLY the center shaft, she is sending me a UPS Call sheet and I got a RMA from her to return the shaft.

First off this makes me feel much better about returning the unit could not understand why Minelab needed the entire detector (headphones, cables, coil etc.) to correct a shaft problem. So back goes the center shaft today see how it goes on the replacement. Hope to get new shaft before Memorial Day if not I will use my AT-Max.
    Glad you're in a better place Hal. I'm a bit puzzled as to why I had to send in the entire detector and accessories when all you had to do was send in the shaft.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7388 times
    Perhaps they are getting a bead on where the shaft issue lies based on the repair returns.
    Phishfindr and dirtlooter like this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2017
    NEW ENGLAND
    1559 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Perhaps they are getting a bead on where the shaft issue lies based on the repair returns.
    That makes sense. They're probably getting hammered on shipping costs for the entire units when all they need to do is replace the shaft. I wish I had waited a day longer. But as long as it comes back sans wobble, so be it.
    vferrari likes this.

us
    Dec 2016
    Blountsville, Al
    949 times
    Metal Detecting
    I also questioned why, I ask Tracy twice what was needed and she replied both times they only need the center shaft. The engineer came out in me before I packed up and dropped off at UPS, got out my pad of paper, pencil, calipers, and tape measure, sketched and measured the shaft. See how the new center shaft compares to the old one when I get I the new shaft.
    Last edited by Hal2k; May 18, 2018 at 02:00 PM.
    Phishfindr and vferrari like this.

us
    Coinshootist

Oct 2016
    WI
    Equinox 800, XP Deus
    186 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal2k View Post
    I also questioned why, I ask Tracy twice what was needed and she replied both times they only need the center shaft. The engineer came out in me before I packed up and dropped off at UPS, got out my pad of paper, pencil, calipers, and tape measure, sketched and measured the shaft. See how the new center shaft compares to the old one when I get I the new shaft.
    You sound like a former tool and die maker (like myself) that’s EXACTLY what I would have done

Good luck with everything, I look forward to hearing how everything turns out for you!
    "There is no such thing as a hunted out location. There are only those whose patience has run out and who aren't up for the challenge."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links