Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By dirtlooter
  • 1 Post By sgoss66

Thread: 1st hunt with the 600

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox
    6673 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

1st hunt with the 600

It wasn't anything spectacular and yet was pretty decent. my very 1st target was a coin, well, part of a coin. I dug a sliver of a clad quarter and it hit pretty good. I was using Park 2 and 50 tones with Multifrequ. I dug some trash and brass parts of an old clock. I was in a spot that we usually avoid because of the sheer amount of modern trash/dump site. We tend to hit it for smaller targets but there is a ton of the old TV antenna material and other metal crap. My carrot goes nuts just getting close to the ground for the scrap. I dug a few targets and left some rather large ones.
    Then as I was making my way out, I had a really low hit, around a 4 and so I dug it. Got pretty excited for a bit as I found bits and pieces to a necklace that was really looking good. Then I found little beads about the size of a BB with about eight little flowers. Looking good I thought and then I noticed that one of the flowers was in fact, rusting. As a whole, I did get signals albeit just a few where I haven't been getting any lately. The sliver of the quarter was pretty good and found a very small gear to a clock or something. and, found a couple of 22 CB cap hulls (smaller than a 22 short). These were thin and very small, they were a weak signal at about 4-5 inches. I do see why some people are very excited about this machine and hope to get out sooner in the morning to test it some more. The necklace was about 5 inches deep and scattered about the same amount around, even though it was junk, I was impressed with it. Jerry
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    386 times
    Metal Detecting
    Jerry --

Good job on your first hunt. Sounds like you didn't exactly go to an "easy" site to "ease into" the Equinox! From that perspective, I'd say you did pretty darned well!

WTG!

Steve
    sprailroad likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Illinois
    Equinox 600 Garrett Carrot Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer Vibra-tector 730 Lesche 18" and 30" shovel's 4 fried chickens and a coke. And some dry white toast.
    2725 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Keep at it Dirtlooter! With all that trash, have you tried 5 tone? I was in a trashy spot yesterday, and was running 50 tones, and switched to 5 tone, and it was much easier to listen to. Just wondered it you've tried 5 tone. Good Luck!
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    10842 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Congratualtions on the 1st hunt with the new machine!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links