Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It wasn't anything spectacular and yet was pretty decent. my very 1st target was a coin, well, part of a coin. I dug a sliver of a clad quarter and it hit pretty good. I was using Park 2 and 50 tones with Multifrequ. I dug some trash and brass parts of an old clock. I was in a spot that we usually avoid because of the sheer amount of modern trash/dump site. We tend to hit it for smaller targets but there is a ton of the old TV antenna material and other metal crap. My carrot goes nuts just getting close to the ground for the scrap. I dug a few targets and left some rather large ones.
Then as I was making my way out, I had a really low hit, around a 4 and so I dug it. Got pretty excited for a bit as I found bits and pieces to a necklace that was really looking good. Then I found little beads about the size of a BB with about eight little flowers. Looking good I thought and then I noticed that one of the flowers was in fact, rusting. As a whole, I did get signals albeit just a few where I haven't been getting any lately. The sliver of the quarter was pretty good and found a very small gear to a clock or something. and, found a couple of 22 CB cap hulls (smaller than a 22 short). These were thin and very small, they were a weak signal at about 4-5 inches. I do see why some people are very excited about this machine and hope to get out sooner in the morning to test it some more. The necklace was about 5 inches deep and scattered about the same amount around, even though it was junk, I was impressed with it. Jerry

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jerry --

Good job on your first hunt. Sounds like you didn't exactly go to an "easy" site to "ease into" the Equinox! From that perspective, I'd say you did pretty darned well!

WTG!

Steve

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep at it Dirtlooter! With all that trash, have you tried 5 tone? I was in a trashy spot yesterday, and was running 50 tones, and switched to 5 tone, and it was much easier to listen to. Just wondered it you've tried 5 tone. Good Luck!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the 1st hunt with the new machine! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread