Equinox Custom Settings Spread Sheet

SlashRacer

May 11, 2018
Otsego, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I am patiently waiting for my Equinox 800 to show up, I created a custom spread sheet to write down all of my custom settings I will some day be discovering. Save it to you computer and print it off.

Equinox.jpg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This looks kid like it could help

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice layout, but the settings are pretty straight forward to keep track of, they "stick" when you make changes, and in fact there should be little deviation from the defaults to begin with. Also, take note from the manual of the global, semi global, and local variables. Global variables such as sensitvity and volume are not mode specific so you don't need to note them for each mode since you cannot save customized values for those parameters for every mode. Similarly with threshold which is semi global (it applies to all 3 non-gold modes equally with a separate Threshold for the gold modes.

As far as local variables, noise cancel channel setting and GB are environmentally based and will change for every hunt.

Suggest using the default settings tables on p. 63 as the template for your spreadsheet, but it can be greatly simplified by just focusing on the tone adjustment parameters, recovery speed settings, and iron bias and perhaps frequency should you chose to have a mode or your user profile slot permanently set up in single frequency (rare).

HTH

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been hunting Park 1, disc 1 for depth I’m multi tone should I try one of these kHz for more depth? Would one of these help for more separation while keeping depth. I hunt a old park and having trouble hit deep lead my ATP would find with the Thunder coil.

I knew I should’ve keep that coil uggggh

P.S. I love my 800

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth - not sure exactly what you mean by disc 1 (is that the tone break for discrimination you are using, vice "0"?)

Anyway, Park 1 may not be the ideal mode for lead depth. It is a great mode for silver and high conductors because it is biased/weighted to the lower frequencies which hit harder on high conductors like pure copper and silver.

Minie balls ring up around 17 to 19 and are therefore considered mid-conductors (smaller lead objects like minie fragments and camp lead will read a little lower). Therefore, if you want to go deep on minies, then you may want to try one of the "2" modes either Park 2 or Field 2 because they are biased/weighted to the higher frequencies which hit harder on mid-conductors like brass, lead, nickel, gold, and, unfortunately, aluminum. You might give up a little depth on silver and copper by doing this, but you will not be shut out on silvers by any means. if you want to try a single frequency approach (I really do not recommend this because you lose a lot of the multiIQ advantages in terms of signal processing) pick any Park or Field mode and try running it at 20 khz or 40 khz to specifically target those mid conductors.

HTH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread