EQUINOX REPORT CARD THREAD - The Good OR Bad - Rate your experiences and finds. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: EQUINOX REPORT CARD THREAD - The Good OR Bad - Rate your experiences and finds.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7685 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    B+......subject to change as I get more hours on it.

Pluses: Fast processor, so hunting in iron is MUCH easier
    Light weight
    Good display
    Adjustable backlight (800)
    Wireless headphones
    Cost
    Salt water not a problem
    Included screen protectors. A nice touch

Minuses: Bottlecap I.D.
    Balance, both slightly nose and top heavy
    Compressed I.D. number range and no Ferrous numbers
    Not having coil options and waterproof headphones from the get go. I mean, come on folks, there really is no excuse for not having them ready with the detector.
    Not including a charging station for detector, headphones, and WM08

Undecided: Cam Locks (hasn't been a problem with mine yet)
    Depth. I've found reasonably deep targets, but, nothing as deep as my Etrac and Excalibur with 15" coils. I'll reserve conclusions until I get the big coil for it and find some deep targets. Certainly acceptable however.
    Battery system. Not wild about only 10hrs of hunting per charge as compared to my RNB batteries in my other machines where I can hunt many days between charges. Having to charge 2-3 items separately is a nuisance too.
    Arm/wrist angle on handle. Why can't these be made adjustable? It's not bad, but could be improved by being able to change it a bit to ease fatigue.
    EMI rejection. Seems a bit chattier than my other machines. Not a major problem in the areas I've hunted so far, but, could be in some areas.
    AARC, DeepDigs and Hawks88 like this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Apr 2017
    Nw ohio
    This space for rent...
    83 times
    I'll give it a B. Performance wise I'm very pleased, the deep coins are coming up pretty regularly. Battery life could be better but not a problem for me. I don't have the shaft problems that others have so no hickey there.
    My main negative issue is the balance, I've had almost every machine out there at one time and a lot of them were tanks (cz,expl ect.) and I expected the weight, balance dealings that comes with those but with this being fairly lightweight I expected it to be more comfortable. So I'll stick with a B grade with more potential.
    AARC, sandmartin and Hawks88 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    26147 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Inquiring minds? Just all of us nosy people wanting to dig up other people's property looking for bright shiny objects!
    AARC, Amergin and Hawks88 like this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    51855 times
    Interesting so far.
    Hawks88 likes this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600
    11749 times
    I haven’t had enough time with it yet BUT I KNOW it will be real good with a smaller coil. I’ve already found a 14kt. Gold ring and yes it does love trash. Yes it is nose heavy. But this detector goes real deep. So far I’d give it a B- to be honest but for the price no other detector comes close imo.
    AARC and sandmartin like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6826 times
    I give it an F for fabulous. These threads are great for stirring the pot and for a few laughs so thanks for the entertainment.

Only I can decide via hands on experience whether I will like a machine not other people's grades.

Risk? Practically none because they can't keep them on the shelves, so you can recoup your investment and then some if it doesn't work out. Ask some of my buds who have already bought and sold multiple Equinoxes.

Cheaply made. You betcha. Because it's cheap. Doh.

Can it find stuff, uh huh.

Enjoy sitting on fences? Not me.

Get one or don't, doesn't matter.

But for gosh sakes, get out there and detect.

Happy Hunting folks!!!

Last edited by vferrari; May 18, 2018 at 06:54 PM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    26147 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post

Cheaply made. You betcha. Because it's cheap. Doh.

Can it find stuff, uh huh.

Enjoy sitting on fences? Not me.

Get one or don't, doesn't matter.

But for gosh sakes, get out there and detect.

Happy Hunting folks.
    1) $900 is not cheap, 2) right with getting out and detecting.
    AARC likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6826 times
    $650 + discounts = cheap (for what it does) Which is also known as value.

Best bang for your buck right now.

And that's certainly cheap compared to the machines that folks want to compare it to (CTX, Deus, eTrac, etc.)
    Last edited by vferrari; May 18, 2018 at 07:03 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    26147 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Sorry, $650 is not cheap. Unless you make more money than an Archangel. And if you have that much money just go have someone design a detector for you.
    AARC likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    6826 times
    I didn't address ergonomics. Not everyone's cup of tea. YMMV. In other words we all come in different shapes and sizes so it ain't for everyone. Ain't hard to mount that self-contained control pod on any type of shaft you want to home brew. That's pretty cool.
    AARC likes this.

us
    Ben

Feb 2017
    Nebraska
    Nokta Anfibio Mulit Minelab CTX 3030 Minelab Equinox 800 Etrac Whites Coinmaster AT Pro pointer
    1010 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Sorry, $650 is not cheap. Unless you make more money than an Archangel. And if you have that much money just go have someone design a detector for you.
    $650 is cheap compared to Etrac and deus around $1500 and ctx at $2500. That is the point. Those are some of the detectors this unit is being compared to.
    AARC, Hawks88, GreenMeanie and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    6826 times
    And that are lurking in many of the multi-detector pofiles of most of the thread participants...
    AARC likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    26147 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    And that are lurking in many of the multi-detector pofiles of most of the thread participants...
    Say what huh? Monsters lurking under the bed?
    AARC and digger460 like this.

us
    Ben

Feb 2017
    Nebraska
    Nokta Anfibio Mulit Minelab CTX 3030 Minelab Equinox 800 Etrac Whites Coinmaster AT Pro pointer
    1010 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I would give the equinox an A- after about 2 months and over 100 hrs of use.

I have found some silver and wheats in trashy park areas I have pounded for 3 years with etrac and at pro wearing 3 different coils each. That is impressive to me.

I have not had any issues with my 800 to complain about. Target ID is not quite as good as my ctx but the nox is alerting me to targets the ctx can't even see to begin with so I will take that trade off. Also if the nox had the target id and target trace capabilities of the ctx it would cost $3k plus so I am just fine with the nox as is.

I love the built in wireless and I hate using the wireless module needed for my ctx.

The weight and balance of nox with stock coil feels great to me. I can swing it all day with no issues unlike my ctx.

The speed and target separation of the nox is better than any detector I have ever used.

Overall I love the nox and I have sold my at pro and etrac along with all their coils since using the nox800. I will be keeping my ctx as it still has some advantages over the nox in certain scenarios. Again A- would be my grade on nox800.
    AARC, vferrari, Hawks88 and 4 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    6826 times
    Eek there's a wobbly shafted, buggy, big-nosed, underperforming Equinox under my bed!!!

Equinox Con: Accessories are either non-existent, ridiculously overpriced, or both. Fumblerooski on ML's part there.

A WP advertised detector should have WP phones readily available.

Need that 6" coil before my EQX shaft starts to wobble, too.

ML please get it together in this regard ASAP.

Also, from an ergonomics standpoint I disagree that the built-in battery should last more than 12hrs. Don't need my arm falling off from 12 hour detecting sessions. Also, ML is exacerbating the situation by enabling you to charge the EQX from a power bank WHILE YOU DETECT!

I can see detectorists suing ML because of damages suffered from 24+ hour continuous detecting sessions. What the heck were they thinking!?
    Last edited by vferrari; May 18, 2018 at 07:35 PM.
    AARC, digger460, boxxxer and 2 others like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links