Here I am at 50 hours. My finds and thoughts...

Happa54

Feb 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
EQX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Everyone....

I'm at 50 hours now. It's been slow coming. I use to put in 8-10 hours every Sunday with my Safari but now I'm down to a 2-4 hours per week with the Nox. I have been trying to weigh the differences (or which one is better) between the 2 detectors but at this point I think I should not think back since I'm stuck with the Nox due to the tendonitis I developed while swinging the Safari. I can't say I've experienced the "WOW" moment, as they say, but there was one scenario where I dug a silver dime under a large iron nail and I thought that was interesting. Due to my decrease in hunt time, I can't gauge how well I'm doing against the time I've been using the Nox. If I were doing my 8-10 hour hunts again, then I could possible gauge my success with each detector more accurately. But in any event, here are my good finds at this point it time. How about your finds? What's your experience with yours?

Attachments

• 450x600.jpg
    450x600.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 450x600.jpg
    450x600.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 98

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 800 is just a dig it all machine. That's the only reason I've dug any silver coins.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig "most" of it at the one Civil War site. I think what's left of my grey hair would fall out if I had to dig everything. Fortunately, my beep and go does very well as well as my high end machine, and on most places I can discriminate. I don't have the tendonitis, just the arthritis. Everywhere.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happa54 I like your honesty and it's hard to compare the Equinox to a detector you liked and knew well. I am 73 and ache all over and have arthritis which at times makes me walk like I need a walker but when I am detecting I rarely notice it until I finish and walking back to my truck.

I think to many people expected to much with the Equinox. If it truly was going to obsolete all other detectors then Minelab would have priced it in the $3 - 5 k range.

I just happen to like my Equinox and I have both the 800 and the 600 as backup

I said previously a cpl times each detector has it's niche in the market place or they wouldn't sell. I think the Equinox has its niche as well. When the dust settles there will be guys like me that love it and those that hate it.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think to many people expected to much with the Equinox. If it truly was going to obsolete all other detectors then Minelab would have priced it in the $3 - 5 k range.

I think people are surprised the a $650 machine can do so much; not the opposite. It was designed to obsolete single vlf machines, not the higher end ones BBS/FBS. I don't think people expected the equinox to be as good or better than the the top of the line machines. I think Minelab's goal was to compete with the AT Pro/Deus market, not the etrac/excal/ctx market even though they are. I have a feeling we will see the multifrequency tech in high end machines next year, it will be the same but called multifrequency 2.0 so we buy it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions