Battery life is getting worse on my 600

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
A modern, properly equipped charging circuit with about any modern charge regulator, should not be tricky, even with an 800ma or 3amp source. Charging a battery of any kind, shouldn't need "a certain" set of amperage amounts. If it does, then the Nox is designed poorly, or defective.

I've charged my 600 off of about every USB combination thinkable, and it has been just fine for long hunts. The charge light goes to green, it has always been a solid machine, no failures.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, but ML warns that some "undersized" chargers that do not have proper regulating circuits may attempt to source as much current as the Equinox battery charging circuit will draw which can cause overheating of the charger or thermal shut down. What should really happen is that the current limiter should kick in to prevent thermal overload to the charger (which just results in a lower amperage being supplied to the battery and a slower charge rate), but there are a lot of cheapo chargers out there that don't meet industry specs. And if you want to be able to source enough current to charge at the max rate which is approximately 1.7A, then it makes sense to get a 2A charger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread