equinox 800 WM-08 questions

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the wireless bluetooth head phones with Nox 800. I have been using them but find they produce soft or seemingly to my ears more muffled tones.
Also included in the box was the WM-08 transmitter.

Is the WM-08 faster or better latency than the minelab bluetooth headphones for the nox 800?

I am not sure I want a wire dangling from my headphones to my belt. But if it is that much better the probably I do.

My primary hunting will be civil war relics and bullets that can be deep.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does have less latency but probably not audibly noticeable (APTX LL is 30 - 40 ms, WM08 is about 20ms). Some users have reported issues with dropouts so you need to take care to locate the WM08 on the same side as you are swinging the detector. If you are just planning on plugging the the BT Headphones into the WM08, you will likely get the same same or worse audio quality because you will be operating the BT eadphones non-powered in wired mode. The BT mode provides some amplification in BT mode. Personally, I find the supplied BT headphones to be great from a sound standpoint. You may want to go with a different set of wired headphones with the WM08, you will need to make sure it has a 1/8" plug or get a suitable adapter.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use apple ear buds , cost like ten bucks .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread