Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bottle tops and no overload on 800 is disappointing. I say the positive thing about the 800 is it smacks good targets and the negative this is it can smack bad targets as bottle tops. But overall I love this machine. When I dug this I was on the bank of a river that was sand. I was just learning my machine thank God I was digging everything. Mind you I already had 10 beer cans in my bag at a foot plus deep 22-23. I got another slamming hit deep as hell and then I got this 1858 US infremcy horn hat pin. Unbelievable and it hit hard. IMG_2767.JPG IMG_2963.JPG

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an outstanding dig, in my books!

Steve

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow now thats a relic I can admire, congratulations Truth.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, Truth, that is one sweet relic. Congrats.

I agree with the modulation issue, but you will gradually learn to recognize most junk as you get more swing hours and use tricks/workarounds like using pinpoint mode to get a bead on target size. But if you are looking for relics vice just coin shooting, you will have to dig some cans and junk regardless or you risk leaving that hat pin or a plate like my avatar in the ground.

HH

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On land if you pump the coil on targets bad targets like bottle caps will not give you consistent tid#s and good tone like good targets will. Trash targets like bottle caps will jump all over even in to negative numbers, good targets will stay fairly consistent in tid and tone.

On the beach if you switch to all metal on a target bottle caps will jump into negative numbers as you sweep the coil side to side on the target good targets will stay pretty steady on the target ID.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
what an awesome find, super high in the cool factor!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truth, Great find on the Infantry Bugle hat pin. What a cool and personal find, and all in one piece too. Glad you are enjoying the Equinox and you will only get better with it in time. I look forward to seeing some more great relics you've brought up in the near future. History found and Preserved. Well Done.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang nice find there truth, it looks like mine. I'm like you getting use the equinox and in love it 20180526_083502.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful piece of history! :occasion14:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Truth, Huge Congrats to you! As far as the bottle cap thing goes, look at it this way...you're cleaning up the environment! Bet there's only about 100 trillion bottle caps per square mile everywhere!

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Truth! Very nice!

Chub

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find, Congrats!!!! "D"

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On land if you pump the coil on targets bad targets like bottle caps will not give you consistent tid#s and good tone like good targets will. Trash targets like bottle caps will jump all over even in to negative numbers, good targets will stay fairly consistent in tid and tone.

On the beach if you switch to all metal on a target bottle caps will jump into negative numbers as you sweep the coil side to side on the target good targets will stay pretty steady on the target ID.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work in my area with my caps. Sometimes I get a scratchy signal and can ignore it, but, lots of times a bottle cap is a solid 13 no matter which program or setting I use.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work in my area with my caps. Sometimes I get a scratchy signal and can ignore it, but, lots of times a bottle cap is a solid 13 no matter which program or setting I use.

Are you pumping the coil over target in all metal mode? Try switching to all metal then pump coil on target, if TID jumps all over its trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread