Mode Choice

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where you got the information above re: Park 1 being "less trash" and Park 2 being "more trash".

If you are in a high trash (assuming aluminum trash) environment and want the high conductors, then Park 1 is your best bet. It hits harder on deep high conductors but may detect less trash (and nickels) because aluminum, nickels, and gold are mid conductors. If you want to hit harder/deeper on mid-conductive (e.g. gold) or small jewelry or nickels then Park 2 is your best bet but you may dig more trash as result because aluminum falls in this range and will also be detected better at depth. You can hit both high and mid conductors with both modes it is just that each mode favors one conductor over the other so you need to choose your preference. HTH.

For more information see page 23 of the manual or this post: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...tion-about-modes-frequencies.html#post5821215

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Park 1 and try a faster recovery speed and bump the iron bias up a notch or two. Lots of non-ferrous trash is still not going to be a fun hunt though. You may want to just cherry pick known good target I.D.'s/sounds. Just notch out everything below 22.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Park 1 and try a faster recovery speed and bump the iron bias up a notch or two. Lots of non-ferrous trash is still not going to be a fun hunt though. You may want to just cherry pick known good target I.D.'s/sounds. Just notch out everything below 22.

Good advice in general but it depends on whether he has a 600 or 800, too. The 600 default settings for Park 1 max out on recovery speed and are at the second highest they can be for iron bias.

OP
OP
C

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys, I got the info from the manual...when they're comparing the Park modes they say- "Park 2 is better suited for smaller targets and greater trash densities."
Also, in my testing Park2 is WAY better than Park1 hearing targets in trash.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I got the info from the manual...when they're comparing the Park modes they say- "Park 2 is better suited for smaller targets and greater trash densities."
Also, in my testing Park2 is WAY better than Park1 hearing targets in trash.

That's good. Go with what works.

But it is good to understand why Park 2 is giving you better results, though you are kind of vague on what that means to you (not sure what exactly you mean by it hearing the targets better). You originally said you wanted to focus on high conductors in high trash that is why I recommended Park 1. Park 1 is more suited to high conductors but the lower frequencies and slightly lower recovery speed and high iron bias setting vs. Park 2 give it slightly less separation than Park 2 but it will run quieter in trashy situations than Park 2. Wasn't quite sure what you wanted regarding the high conductor, high trash request. If you want high conductor depth, then Park 1 would be your best choice. If you just wanted better separation in trash, then Park 2 is a good choice but you won't achieve the same depth for high conductors as Park 1. It is all about tradeoffs.

Finally, just want to point out that Park 1 is 5 tone and Park 2 is 50 tone. The different between the two tone settings can sometimes give you the false impression you are hitting more targets than the other because you are getting lots of different tones. You may already know this, but just thought I would point it out.

Also, you can also sometimes get different answers depending on whether you are using the 600 or 800 because the recovery speed and iron bias settings are different between the two machines, so it helps if you identify which model you have.

HH

OP
OP
C

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, vferrari! "If you want high conductor depth, then Park 1 would be your best choice. If you just wanted better separation in trash, then Park 2 is a good choice but you won't achieve the same depth for high conductors as Park 1." This answers my question! I was hoping I could have high conductor depth with better separation.
What I meant by "hearing targets better" was that I threw a coin down with nails around it, changed Park2 to 5 tones. I moved the nails in different positions and found Park2 to separate better.
I use the 600.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try doing this, change the iron bias setting to "0" in Park 1 and repeat the test. The results might surprise you and you can posdibly have your cake and eat it to (i.e., max depth on high conductors in trash). (Hint: iron bias can suppress falsing from bent nails but also causes high conductors to be more redily masked by nearby iron). Park 2 may still give slightly better separation because it is biased to higher frequencies, but that effect is small. HTH HH

Last edited:

DigDeepNow

Jul 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vferrari,
Do you use Park 1 in the standard 5 tone or switch to full tones (50)?
I'm getting a Nox this week and think I'd like to use the 50 tones.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally use 50 tones mostly but hunt mainly in Field 2 or Beach 1 (50 tones). If I am just cherry picking high conductors at a park or ball field, I sometimes just leave Park 1 at the default settings, including 5 tones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions