Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my mother and my daughter are showing more interest in detecting, so i decided to add a 3rd machine to the arsenal. Picked up a 800 from cabelas. Last night as soon as it was charged, I went to my go to cellar hole thats close to home. I have been there easily over a dozen times, and have payed special attention to the front lawn many many times with my mxsport. I have also brought several other people to this place several times, so its been hit by tesero, and a at gold. It was around 7:30 pm and I didn't have much time for playing with settings. So I put it in park 2, did a noise cancel and ground balance, and went to town with the sensitivity at about 21. I also played around with the all metal. Well wouldn't you know it, these crazy internet stories are true. I pulled out 3 indians and two wheat pennies from that front lawn that has had a coil over every single inch of it(it's a small front lawn cut off by the road). I also grabbed an ox knob thingy from the back yard area. Here the thing that got me. I was only there two hours. I have put easily 50 hours into that front lawn area with other machines. They also pulled some great stuff, but the last several trips with them had produced nothing out of the front lawn. In the first two hours ever using this machine it locked on to some great signals, and I haven't even gotten a chance to play with the other settings yet. Since it was a late night I haven't had time to get photos but I will upload them later tonight if I have time(might get distracted and go detecting haha).

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here... to be honest I found I don't use anything that the 600 doesn't offer, except for dim backlight and the wireless headphones. But I'm glad to have those additional options.. it was worth the $ to be able to do 3 tones and move breaks around if I want to.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome results TP. Like you, when I got my 800 I had it in the car and on the way to my "go to" spot as soon as the 800 was fully charged. Over 30 deep Wheaties and a couple of deep Mercs found just using default settings. Not to mention the 5 rings etc that I have found at the beach so far using default settings. The Nox is exactly what I was looking for...a true turn on and go machine that I can use at the beach or at the park without having to fiddle with settings. I can just imagine what I may find once I get the chance to sit down and look into the various settings.

Wishing you great luck this season up there!
TwoYewts

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
agree 100% main reason for my pick of the 800 over 600 was the custom settings of breaks, tones and volume. Since I hunt by listening and confirming with TID's this makes it easy for me to adjust my breaks, tones and volume for stuff I am interested in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread