timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my thought on the 800, been out 4 times with it and on the 4th time I scored 4 silvers and 3 Buffalo’s. The cool thing about it was it was in a trashy part of this park that I have hunted a half a dozen or more time with my Safari, with the normal coil, 6” and 17”. I should of found them before now at least the silvers.

The 800 was able to see the silver through the iron or trash that was there. That’s what this detector is for, finding those last very hard targets still in the ground. I’m really impressed with it so far, a little frustrating the first couple time but just like any other detector it will click. Looking forward to finding out what this new technology will sniff out of the ground...

Just my two cents...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that Park 1 has more trouble than park 2. Don't know if that's true. I don't have a machine yet to test with.

Maybe this will help.

Park 1 and Field 1 process a lower weighted frequency combination, as well as using algorithms that maximize ground balancing for soil, to achieve the best signal to noise ratio. Hence being most suited for general detecting, coin hunting, etc.

Park 2 and Field 2 process a higher weighted combination of the Multi-IQ band while still ground balancing for soil. Therefore they will be more sensitive to higher frequency (low conductive) targets, but potentially more susceptible to ground noise.

Beach 1 also processes a lower weighted combination, BUT uses different algorithms to maximise ground balancing for salt. Hence being most suited for both dry and wet sand conditions.

Beach 2 processes a very low weighted frequency combination, using the same algorithms as Beach 1 to maximize ground balancing for salt. This search profile is designed for use in the surf and underwater.

Gold 1 and Gold 2 process the higher weighted combination of the Multi-IQ band while still ground balancing for soil. However, they use different setting parameters better suited for gold nugget hunting.

DigDeepNow

Jul 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my thought on the 800, been out 4 times with it and on the 4th time I scored 4 silvers and 3 Buffalo’s. The cool thing about it was it was in a trashy part of this park that I have hunted a half a dozen or more time with my Safari, with the normal coil, 6” and 17”. I should of found them before now at least the silvers.

The 800 was able to see the silver through the iron or trash that was there. That’s what this detector is for, finding those last very hard targets still in the ground. I’m really impressed with it so far, a little frustrating the first couple time but just like any other detector it will click. Looking forward to finding out what this new technology will sniff out of the ground...

Just my two cents...

What were you using for a program/setup?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In reality it really is a useless air test. Targets always behave differently when buried naturally.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not just coins on edge, it could be rings or a high conductive target with a small profile. I found this tiny silver cuff link at about 4 inches. Who knows how it was oriented in the ground, but it doesn't have much of a profile no matter how it's laying.

g7j3nGk.jpg

But if this "issue" is limited to 1 or 2 of the modes, then it should be nothing to worry about.

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What were you using for a program/setup?

I was using Park 1 and sometimes Park 2 but Park 1 seemed to work better for me. Park 2 was to noisy but I switch to Park 2 to check the reading. It seems the depth reading is way off on Park 1. Just learning the new machine so I sure I’ll be trying different setting. Any suggestions on setting would be nice..

DigDeepNow

Jul 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was using Park 1 and sometimes Park 2 but Park 1 seemed to work better for me. Park 2 was to noisy but I switch to Park 2 to check the reading. It seems the depth reading is way off on Park 1. Just learning the new machine so I sure I’ll be trying different setting. Any suggestions on setting would be nice..

thanks

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this issue is only in the park 1 and field 1 modes. In all single frequencies and in park 2 and field 2 it ids the coins and rings fine. I generally use park 2 so it's not super important to me. Still would like to see a software update to fix the issue.

Here is my test results.

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friendly suggestion. Don't worry about it, you'll love it[emoji106]
Agreed it is an amazing machine. I think this issue only being in certain modes will be an easy fix for minelab with a software update as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread