Two or more Equinoxs
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By vferrari
  • 1 Post By WaterWalker
  • 5 Post By Minelab Matt
  • 1 Post By cudamark
  • 2 Post By cudamark

Thread: Two or more Equinoxs

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    1788 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Two or more Equinox's

Has anyone hunted with a Equinox around other Equinox's My son wants to buy a couple for his children and was wondering if it was easy to change freq's so as to not interfere with each each other . ( # Detectors) How far away would you also say would be a good distance from each other. What we are looking for is people that have hunted around other Nox's ?
    Thanks in advance !!1
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7405 times
    Turn one on noise cancel then turn the other one on and noise cancel and it will pick a not interfering channel so they will tend to not interfere. If you change modes then you noise cancel again. Noise cancel also works well if you have a pinpointer that interferes with the Equinox.

Now about Equinoxes interfering with non Equinox detectors, that is another story...
    Last edited by vferrari; Jun 02, 2018 at 09:23 AM.
    Gare and Acejeckel like this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Jan 2007
    Cape Cod, Massachuestts
    Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Troy (X2 X5), Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Pro-Find 35
    558 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Minelab's official line is do not detect within 45 feet of another Equinox. See page 17 of the manual.
    My best guess is that this has more to do with the BlueTooth connection than the detecting function.
    Gare likes this.

gb
    I'm the best eva, the most vicious brutal champion eva.

Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    477 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    My father and I both use Equinox 80p and can confirm they do not interfere with each other.

But if u wanna get a claim jumper off your patch of beach (lol) put you nox in gold mode and gain to max and watch his AT Pro etc blow a fuse....lol.

Matt.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8785 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Turn one on noise cancel then turn the other one on and noise cancel and it will pick a not interfering channel so they will tend to not interfere. If you change modes then you noise cancel again. Noise cancel also works well if you have a pinpointer that interferes with the Equinox.

Now about Equinoxes interfering with non Equinox detectors, that is another story...
    I've hunted with a buddy that also uses an 800 and had no crosstalk problems at all. With other detectors, I've had no problems on my end, but, the other guys complain about being blown out if they got anywhere near me.
    Gare likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8785 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by staffydog33 View Post
    My father and I both use Equinox 80p and can confirm they do not interfere with each other.

But if u wanna get a claim jumper off your patch of beach (lol) put you nox in gold mode and gain to max and watch his AT Pro etc blow a fuse....lol.

Matt.
    I've used the gold programs recently in the dry sand and find it interesting. Makes it sound a bit like a Deus.....high and squeaky tones. Sure finds small foil! Still finds fairly deep coins too. I need to play with it a bit more.....
    Gare and Acejeckel like this.
    ​Avitech Associate

Sponsored Links