Two or more Equinox's

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone hunted with a Equinox around other Equinox's My son wants to buy a couple for his children and was wondering if it was easy to change freq's so as to not interfere with each each other . ( # Detectors) How far away would you also say would be a good distance from each other. What we are looking for is people that have hunted around other Nox's ?
Thanks in advance !!1

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn one on noise cancel then turn the other one on and noise cancel and it will pick a not interfering channel so they will tend to not interfere. If you change modes then you noise cancel again. Noise cancel also works well if you have a pinpointer that interferes with the Equinox.

Now about Equinoxes interfering with non Equinox detectors, that is another story... ;)

Last edited:

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Minelab's official line is do not detect within 45 feet of another Equinox. See page 17 of the manual.
My best guess is that this has more to do with the BlueTooth connection than the detecting function.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father and I both use Equinox 80p and can confirm they do not interfere with each other.

But if u wanna get a claim jumper off your patch of beach (lol) put you nox in gold mode and gain to max and watch his AT Pro etc blow a fuse....lol.

Matt.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn one on noise cancel then turn the other one on and noise cancel and it will pick a not interfering channel so they will tend to not interfere. If you change modes then you noise cancel again. Noise cancel also works well if you have a pinpointer that interferes with the Equinox.

Now about Equinoxes interfering with non Equinox detectors, that is another story... ;)

I've hunted with a buddy that also uses an 800 and had no crosstalk problems at all. With other detectors, I've had no problems on my end, but, the other guys complain about being blown out if they got anywhere near me.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father and I both use Equinox 80p and can confirm they do not interfere with each other.

But if u wanna get a claim jumper off your patch of beach (lol) put you nox in gold mode and gain to max and watch his AT Pro etc blow a fuse....lol.

Matt.

I've used the gold programs recently in the dry sand and find it interesting. Makes it sound a bit like a Deus.....high and squeaky tones. Sure finds small foil! Still finds fairly deep coins too. I need to play with it a bit more.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread