equinox 800 in georgia red clay problem

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just dug a 1 foot trench and then in the trench wall drove stakes in about 2" at the 6" depth and 12" depth parallel to the surface and place my targets in these slots.

My backyard in the trees for the test trench has about 6" of sandy soil and then solid red clay down lower.

I Can hit all my coins and trash at 6" loud and clear and solid TID's but nothing at 12" with my Equinox 800 in any mode eg park1,2, field 1,2, beach 1,2, gold 1,2.

Is the Georgia red clay that mineralized to limit my depth?

I did my noise cancel and ground balance before the test.

Any idea on what settings I could use to get through that layer of Georgia red clay?

Thanks for any help.

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Defiantly going to have to make a custom profile for deeper digs. Have you tried adjusting Iron Bias to 0? If so , What are your results ?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is going to be a problem. Only the PI machines get down in the red clays, and they do not discriminate. Vferrari had the same issue in the red Virginia dirt. No depth. We did some tests there earlier this year. Send him a pm for his settings, he's good with the Equinox.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread