Will Minelab Pro-Sonic wireless System work with the Equinox?

Jaichim24

Jul 28, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will not sync to the Equinox, so, you'll have to go another route.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab inexplicably (well perhaps I actually know why) makes each of their proprietary (i.e.,non-bluetooth) wireless transmit/receive solutions incompatible with each other. So Pro Sonic will not work with the CTX wireless system (WM10?) and will not work with the Equinox wireless (WM08- WI-stream)). Go figure.

If you want to just use your gray ghosts and do not want to break the bank purchasing a WM08 module (that is included with the 800 but Minelab is incredulously asking $249 for it as a separate accessory almost as much as the complete Pro-Sonic package), just purchase a relatively cheap bluetooth APTX LL receiver for about $20 to $30 and a 1/4" to 1/8" miniplug adapter ($5) and you can pair that receiver with the 600 via BT (low latency) and plug your gray ghosts into it using the adapter. Instant untethered.

I use this one on my Minelab GPX in transmit mode with BT headphones (it can be set to be in either receive or transmit mode): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4W40VC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is an example of an adapter: https://www.amazon.com/CGTime-Golde...529588044&sr=1-14&keywords=1/4+to+1/8+adapter

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread