Custom program in detec mode other than Park 1 ???

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been playing with a custom coin program everyone has seen on Youtube. I can't seem to make up this program in any other mode except Park 1. Simply setting volume and tones for nickles 12/13 and everything above 18/40 to high volume and tones. everything else is low volume and tone. The Nox will no let me do changes to any other mode except Park 1. Got any ideas on how to use a different detec mode such as Park 2 and or Field 1 or 2 as the basis for a user profile program?

LoyalistDigger

Dec 14, 2015
Strathcona County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried to setup some tone breaks and sounds but I couldn't get past t1....so I did a factory reset and poof, it all worked as advertised. I must have done something when I was playing with all the buttons.

You don't have much to lose by trying the factory reset route.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so after some playing around I've found how to customize volume and tone breaks for Park and Field 2 modes to be saved as a user profile. Park and Field 2 are both factory set to 50 tones. You must first change this to 5 tones then the settings (volume, breaks and tones) can be adjusted in for each bin. Then saved as a user profile by a long hold on user profile button. Just don't shut off the Nox in the user profile mode or you will lose the user profile program. Close it and shut down in any factory mode. If a factory preset is done you'll lose the user profile program. Don't see any way around that one.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried to setup some tone breaks and sounds but I couldn't get past t1....so I did a factory reset and poof, it all worked as advertised. I must have done something when I was playing with all the buttons.

You don't have much to lose by trying the factory reset route.

Roger thanks I will

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK so after some playing around I've found how to customize volume and tone breaks for Park and Field 2 modes to be saved as a user profile. Park and Field 2 are both factory set to 50 tones. You must first change this to 5 tones then the settings (volume, breaks and tones) can be adjusted in for each bin. Then saved as a user profile by a long hold on user profile button. Just don't shut off the Nox in the user profile mode or you will lose the user profile program. Close it and shut down in any factory mode. If a factory preset is done you'll lose the user profile program. Don't see any way around that one.

You got it Hunter gotta love my TNet Family

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On Youtube, "Dirtfishing" posted a video on setting the tones and breaks. :icon_thumleft:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks it been driving me crazy trying to figure that out.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Youtube, "Dirtfishing" posted a video on setting the tones and breaks. :icon_thumleft:
Yeap thats where I started. If I remember correctly he used Park 1 as his basis for the custom user profile program. I was trying to use Park 2 or Field 2 for a basis and it wouldn't work till you changed tones from fifty to five. Don't believe Dirtfishing mentioned that in the vid.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Hunter do you ground balance?

The jury's still out on that one with me. I've only about 16 hours on the Nox. Coming from the Etrac I thought the curve may be short and simple. The more I delve into the possibilities this machine offers the more I begin to understand the pre set modes, the more I want to fiddle with various adjustments for different conditions. But for now Yes I noise cancel and ground balance before every session. As ML suggest you should also GB when switching to a different pre set and or a saved user profile program. GB is considered a local adjustment meaning it's effects are only to the mode your currently in. Some adjustments are considered Global meaning they effect all modes. If your hunting in Park 1 and manually ground balanced to say 58 then switched to Field 1 your ground balance would drop back to the factory preset of 0. I've just started manually ground balancing then switching to Auto GB. So far I haven't seen any difference in finds between the two. I've found a 64 Kennedy half and over $6 in clad 3/5" deep in an area that I've and others have hunted for the past several years. Lots more to learn about this machine for me.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The jury's still out on that one with me. I've only about 16 hours on the Nox. Coming from the Etrac I thought the curve may be short and simple. The more I delve into the possibilities this machine offers the more I begin to understand the pre set modes, the more I want to fiddle with various adjustments for different conditions. But for now Yes I noise cancel and ground balance before every session. As ML suggest you should also GB when switching to a different pre set and or a saved user profile program. GB is considered a local adjustment meaning it's effects are only to the mode your currently in. Some adjustments are considered Global meaning they effect all modes. If your hunting in Park 1 and manually ground balanced to say 58 then switched to Field 1 your ground balance would drop back to the factory preset of 0. I've just started manually ground balancing then switching to Auto GB. So far I haven't seen any difference in finds between the two. I've found a 64 Kennedy half and over $6 in clad 3/5" deep in an area that I've and others have hunted for the past several years. Lots more to learn about this machine for me.

Have you tried tracking ground balance? I agree there should be no difference between manual and auto gb (they are both essentially "manual" single point gb settings, auto just adjusts the number for you). But since tracking adjusts gb on the fly, there may be cases where it can change based on a target under the coil. I have found that it does not do that so I am OK with going tracking as long as there is some mineralization for the GB algorithm to latch onto. For example, no real need to GB on a white sand beach and GB tracking may even be ill advised because the tracking algorithm can't grab onto anything if there are no changes in mineralization that cause changes in GB. Salt surf is another animal altogether because the rapidly changing salinity practically demands that you go with tracking to "keep up" with the changing salinity-based ground readings (similarly if black sand is present).

Great catch on shifting tones from 50 BTW on tone breaks, I can see where that would stump a lot of people. With 50 tones, breaks are not adjustable (there are no discrete tone TID segment groups) so the only thing you can adjust is the pitch "gap" between the end of the ferrous range tone and beginning of the first non-ferrous tone pitch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vfarrari....Sorry when I said I've used both ways of ground balancing I should have said manual and tracking. I have hunted in tracking GB and have yet to tell a difference. But keep in mind, my time on this thing is less than a couple work days for those still working. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions