Wearing out the Nox 600 grip

GameOfTones

May 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm somewhere around 60-65 hours on my Equinox 600.
Haven't had any real problems yet but I have noticed wear showing on the grip. It looks like where my thumb goes is where the wear is.
Just curious if anyone has noticed this surface peeling on their machine?
20180627_192214.jpeg

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While mine was on the first charge I wrapped the grip with Vet/ Athletic wrap. A self adhesive wrap that adheres to itself with no residual sticky mess when you go to remove it. Find it at Walgreen's or Wally World. Works great.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Looks like the problem may be related to one of the molding process. A cold spot in the mold or some extra mold release caused a skin to be formed and you have just worn off part of the "skin". I don't believe it will cause any problem except for the aesthetics and appearance. I would just trim it off with a single edge razor and get back detecting. If it really bothers you call MineLab or get a better grip on your detector as hunter_46356 mentioned above.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you must have hands of steel...you need this....

okeeffes-working-hands-96gm-704752.jpg

OP
OP
GameOfTones

GameOfTones

May 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately it doesn't bother me. My machines are for working, not for wall hanging. I was just surprised something cosmetic like that has happened already. My AT Max looks like it was used in mine clearance in battle but it has held up. That dang thing is rugged.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine looks like yours GameOfTones and about the same amount of hours too.

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just notice mine doing the same thing....although I've hunted everyday for 6mons.

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine the same after only 6 hours....yes 6 hours. And I am very careful and clean my machine after use. Been detecting 20 plus years. My CTX has 1000's of hours since 2012 no issues.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While mine was on the first charge I wrapped the grip with Vet/ Athletic wrap. A self adhesive wrap that adheres to itself with no residual sticky mess when you go to remove it. Find it at Walgreen's or Wally World. Works great.
You are right on this, it works perfect. It's the same stuff you also wrap around tennis racket handles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions