Is it me or does multiple customs don’t work? (I know got to be on 5 tones)

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not quite understanding what you are trying to do Truth. What do you mean by "4 field modes", do you mean 4 non-ferrous tone breaks in field mode? Are you trying to set different breakpoints for the 5 tones or different pitch settings for the five tones?

goldtooth

May 14, 2007
central valley in california
Detector(s) used
EXII,Sovereign gt,1266X,,Excalibur 1000,Tigershark,F75,F2
User Profile* EQUINOX 800 features an additional User Profile side button that saves a copy of the current detector settings for future quick access.
User Profile stores the set values of all current local settings so that you can access them instantly later.
The default settings for the User Profile are a copy of Park Mode Search Profile 1.
Save a User Profile 1. Select the Detect Mode you wish to use as a basis for your User Profile. Adjust the settings you wish to save. 2. Make sure you are in the Detect Screen, not the Settings Menu. 3. Press and hold the User Profile button on the right side of the control panel.
4. The User Profile icon on the LCD will begin to flash rapidly. It will then remain on and a rising confirmation tone will sound, indicating that the User Profile has been saved.
You can save over the User Profile at any time by repeating the above procedure.
Activating the User Profile Press the User Profile button at any time to re-activate the saved User Profile.
The User Profile icon will appear on the LCD when the User Profile is active.
Any changes made to local settings when the User Profile is active will be saved automatically.
To exit from the User Profile, press either the User Profile button or the Detect Mode button. Settings will return to the last-used Detect Mode Search Profile and the User Profile icon will turn off

This is from the manual pg 33. I don't think you can save 4 different custom modes to 1 user profile.. only one mode can be saved as a user profile as I understand it.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not quite understanding what you are trying to do Truth. What do you mean by "4 field modes", do you mean 4 non-ferrous tone breaks in field mode? Are you trying to set different breakpoints for the 5 tones or different pitch settings for the five tones?

Sorry Park 1, Park 2, Field 1, Field 2. I custom set all 4 of these modes and saved them on each and they don’t save.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
User Profile* EQUINOX 800 features an additional User Profile side button that saves a copy of the current detector settings for future quick access.
User Profile stores the set values of all current local settings so that you can access them instantly later.
The default settings for the User Profile are a copy of Park Mode Search Profile 1.
Save a User Profile 1. Select the Detect Mode you wish to use as a basis for your User Profile. Adjust the settings you wish to save. 2. Make sure you are in the Detect Screen, not the Settings Menu. 3. Press and hold the User Profile button on the right side of the control panel.
4. The User Profile icon on the LCD will begin to flash rapidly. It will then remain on and a rising confirmation tone will sound, indicating that the User Profile has been saved.
You can save over the User Profile at any time by repeating the above procedure.
Activating the User Profile Press the User Profile button at any time to re-activate the saved User Profile.
The User Profile icon will appear on the LCD when the User Profile is active.
Any changes made to local settings when the User Profile is active will be saved automatically.
To exit from the User Profile, press either the User Profile button or the Detect Mode button. Settings will return to the last-used Detect Mode Search Profile and the User Profile icon will turn off

This is from the manual pg 33. I don't think you can save 4 different custom modes to 1 user profile.. only one mode can be saved as a user profile as I understand it.

Thank you so much. Well I thought that as well. It wouldn’t let me until I realized that if you put them all in 5 tones it let you. But maybe it just took the place of the last one I did.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save all my setups for my equinox in a coffee can in the garage. I never loose them that way.....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Park 1, Park 2, Field 1, Field 2. I custom set all 4 of these modes and saved them on each and they don’t save.

So you are trying to customized 5-tones in all of the above search profiles. How are you saving them? If you are long pressing on the detect mode push button, then you are actually resetting each of the modes to their factory default setting and erasing any customizations you have done. Customizations to settings, should just "stick" in the search profile once you have made them. They are saved automatically until you change them again so no need to do anything or press buttons to save them. So just exit out of settings mode and your customized search profile should be good to go. HTH

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you are trying to customized 5-tones in all of the above search profiles. How are you saving them? If you are long pressing on the detect mode push button, then you are actually resetting each of the modes to their factory default setting and erasing any customizations you have done. Customizations to settings, should just "stick" in the search profile once you have made them. They are saved automatically until you change them again so no need to do anything or press buttons to save them. So just exit out of settings mode and your customized search profile should be good to go. HTH

Thanks v yeah that’s what I was doing. You’re beginning to be one of my best friends. Lol
Check out my Today’s Finds MAJOR BUCKET LISTER for me.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is only one user profile. You can customize each mode, and it will remember what they are, and you can also save ONE custom profile for the "user profile" button on the right.

That's it.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I find old pickle jars are better you can just see the settings thru the glass and don't have to go poking around like you do the coffee cans.
Just kidding, believe me I have had my share of Equinox 800 puzzles since I came from using the AT Pro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread