Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Bluetooth Headphone Pairing

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, 11" and 5x8" HF coils Minelab Equinox 800
    1015 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Bluetooth Headphone Pairing

Is there a proper way to shut the Nox down to preserve the headphone pairing? I've been experiencing problems recently (well, my Nox itself is "recent", really) with having to re-pair the headphones after powering down. I also had to re-pair today after walking out of range of the detector while wearing the phones. I waited quite a while for it to reconnect, but it would not. I had to shut both the phones and the controller down and go through the full pairing ritual.

Does it matter which is turned off first... phones or controller?

us
    Feb 2012
    NW Indiana
    NOx 800, ETrac, X1, AT Pro
    303 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Following this one.....I'm experiencing the same. Anybody got some tips?
    Equinox 800, ETrac, Sunray X1, Pro/Ultimate/SEF 8x6 - AT Pro

Career Silver #44
    Vintage Coins
    No date- Draped Bust Large Cent(1790-1807)
    1846,ND - Braided Hair Large Cent
    1896s - Barber Half
    1905 - Barber Quarter
    1912,1913 - Barber Dime
    1875s,1887 - Seated Dime
    1900,1911,1911 - V Nickel
    ND,1915, 1935,1936 - Buffalo
    1864,1907 - Indiana Head
    1858 - Flying Eagle

us
    Jan 2007
    Cape Cod, Massachuestts
    Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Troy (X2 X5), Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Pro-Find 35
    422 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I have used the wireless headset twice and do not recall any problem. The manual leads me to think you may be a bit impatient as the 800 "looks" for the WM-08 connection for 15 seconds before trying to pair with APTX headset. I don't know if this is what you are experiencing, time it see what happens.
    Agent Green likes this.

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    1015 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterWalker View Post
    I have used the wireless headset twice and do not recall any problem. The manual leads me to think you may be a bit impatient as the 800 "looks" for the WM-08 connection for 15 seconds before trying to pair with APTX headset. I don't know if this is what you are experiencing, time it see what happens.
    Oh, I'm talking about a LOT more than 15 seconds! Minutes.

It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be very annoying.

us
    Jul 2011
    5 times
    I don't know if it makes a difference which is turned off 1st, but I always allow the 800 to completely boot up before powering up the wireless headphones. I haven't had connection issues since I started doing this.... Hope this helps.
    sprailroad likes this.

us
    Sep 2014
    Sheboygan WI
    Minelab Safari Fisher F5
    464 times
    Iíve had to turn both headphones and detector off and restart them. I turn the headphones on first then the detector that seems to work for me. Funny thing is I never had a problem with the wm8 module just headphones.
    Ironfeathers likes this.

ca
    Dec 2015
    Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
    221 times
    I never turn them off....
    Reading a manual can make you look real smart
    Not reading a manual...can just make you look not so smart.
    Telling people you can't read on a forum....just makes you look stupid.

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    1015 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrokon View Post
    I don't know if it makes a difference which is turned off 1st, but I always allow the 800 to completely boot up before powering up the wireless headphones. I haven't had connection issues since I started doing this.... Hope this helps.
    I not only power up the detector first, but also generally perform the noise cancel before turning on the headphones, so timing is certainly not the issue.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2014
    Northridge, Ca
    Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
    421 times
    Metal Detecting
    Welcome to the club. I had a hell of a time too. You need to turn on your headphones first and then the NOX. Won't take long to pair. If you have an iPhone put in airplane mode. Hope this helps!
    dsrtdwg1 and Iron Buzz like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5333 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I have the least problems if I turn on the headphones first, then the detector. After I'm done, I turn off the headphones first, then the detector.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    I have the least problems if I turn on the headphones first, then the detector. After I'm done, I turn off the headphones first, then the detector.
    Same here.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27124 times
    Just remember not to have the WM8 turned on as it connects first and the BT hp will not connect, Equinox is designed to look for the WM8 first, after it gives up looking for WM8 it then looks for the BT headphones.

Since I originally connected my BT hp to my Equinox it always connects when I turn it on.
    Possumcop likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Just remember not to have the WM8 turned on as it connects first and the BT hp will not connect, Equinox is designed to look for the WM8 first, after it gives up looking for WM8 it then looks for the BT headphones.

Since I originally connected my BT hp to my Equinox it always connects when I turn it on.
    Good advice but it only looks for the WM08 when in pairing mode, not when simply attempting reconnecting with the last paired device (e.g., when turning the machine on). If you pair the WM08 with the Equinox, then the BT headphones will no longer be paired with the Equinox. My suggestion is to attempt to factory reset the headphones as descibed on p. 57 of the manual. If that does not do the trick, consider a factory reset of the Equinox. Also make sure you have not paired the headset with any other BT devices like a smart phone. Even though the headphones ca be paired with two bt devices, I avoid doing it because the phone might try to connect before the Equinox connects, which can delay or disrupt the reconnection process.
    Last edited by vferrari; Jul 05, 2018 at 03:54 PM.
    Possumcop and Agent Green like this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    1015 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Thanks, all that suggested turning the headphones on (and off) first. I'll give that a try... I've been doing just the opposite.

us
    May 2018
    CO, 4 corners
    ML Equinox 800
    51 times
    I’ve always turned on the NOX & noise canceled previous to turning on the headphones.
    I’ve not experienced any issues thus far.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links