Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: One thing I知 not liking about the 800

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13257 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (5)
    Technology may change again, however with that said, since I'm turning into an old toad, I probably won't get another machine...ever. But you never know. I have firmly decided to NOT go in the water, even the ocean water. A local lady was at the beach and caught some kind of neurological attacking organism that left her in a wheelchair. It's bad enough with the hypodermic needles at the beaches, let alone what you can't see in the water.

I had to bail on the equinox because it hurt my arm to use it, and if mess that arm up, my MD career it just plain flat over.
    Truth1253 and Ammoman like this.

Nov 2015
    302 times
    Equinox users do rusty nails falsing high have a bounce pattern similar to an Explorers?
    Truth1253 likes this.

Nov 2015
    302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Technology may change again, however with that said, since I'm turning into an old toad, I probably won't get another machine...ever. But you never know. I have firmly decided to NOT go in the water, even the ocean water. A local lady was at the beach and caught some kind of neurological attacking organism that left her in a wheelchair. It's bad enough with the hypodermic needles at the beaches, let alone what you can't see in the water.

I had to bail on the equinox because it hurt my arm to use it, and if mess that arm up, my MD career it just plain flat over.
    My fear of having a leg bitten off by a shark...yeah I stick to the wet sand at the beach. lol
    Truth1253 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus
    6902 times
    Yea,yea,yea, just one more detector and I'm done. I wish I had a gold coin for the times I've heard that.
    sprailroad and Truth1253 like this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13257 times
    Banner Finds (5)
    Charlesupstateny, I ain't afraid of no shark, just microbes that destroy your life. Snakes, bugs, bats, the dark, actually, just the microbes. Snakes fear me, especially when I make them ride on the top of my truck and then get tired of the ride and "fly off". Check my older post where I took a canoe back to the store and 5 miles from the house this snakes comes barreling out of canoe, across the windshield and onto the ground.

My first machine was a White's a 4000 I think, 1980 something or other. Then somebody whooped me real good with a Tesoro Bandito and I got one. Then a Tesoro Lobo with the big loop.

I had a Garrett for a brief time back then but didn't like it. I got rid of it fast. Then I had a long hiatus.

I started back up in 2010 with a Tesoro Cibola, which I still have. Then tried a Whites, Garrett and Minelab. Didn't like any so resold them fast.

Finally got my 2nd machine the Deus in 2016 and now I have two, the Deus and Cibola. They pretty much do anything I want. The Cibola is a superior beep and go beach and relic machine and the Deus is just unbelievable.

The Cibola beep and go has found THREE gold coins, a ton of CW relics, TWO CW belt plates, Confederate buttons, I'm going to have to sell off the collection of items I purchased over the years figuring I'd never find one, because now I have found one! Of everything almost. Case in point was my 500 year old Spanish maravedis I found locally a few months ago. It was a HORRIBLE signal with the Deus. I dug it anyway and still can't believe I found such an old coin in Maryland. In a farm field. Not near any house, but on a small rise over what would have once been an old Indian trail and is now a state highway. It was 25 feet or something like that off the highway.

Now keep in mind I don't do parks, the Deus is better in the parks. It's not so much the machine, it's research, having the willpower to try new spots on hunches or just for the sake of it and digging iffy signals. If you rely on the VDI you lose. Even with the Deus. Or the Equinox. Or any other machine for that matter.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Jul 10, 2018 at 07:51 AM.
    3cylbill and jdiggs_treasure like this.

Sep 2013
    208 times
    The question remains do we need to carry A compass 77b with out ultra modern Equinox??

As Far as I understand, as I don稚 have one... it runs on 100khz and blanks on nails and never false, and in mineral mode the opposite

Sep 2013
    208 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rook3434 View Post
    If the problem prasist go to the F75. We had a conversation about the sniper coil. My 75 LTD does great in iron with the small coil. Sometimes you just have to adjust. I keep the sniper on the F75. It's good around old home sites when set up correctly. Not saying the 800 can't be fine tuned but you list the 75 in you profile. Why not try it. When you are digging iron all day you might sacrifice a little depth.
    Is it good to carry this one with equinox or compass 77b?

us
    Apr 2012
    Western New York
    Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
    246 times
    Metal Detecting
    I've pretty much given up on the Nox. It's an iron magnet. I've tried everything that the forums have suggested and can find various sizes and shapes of iron with great sounding TID's at every TID number. tried no disc, high disc, no IB, high IB, 90 degree, lower sans, etc. and anything else that you can think of. It's now my emergency backup machine and about the only thing that I MIGHT use it for is water hunting but that's about it.
    Truth1253 and jdiggs_treasure like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    14195 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gene the machine View Post
    I've pretty much given up on the Nox. It's an iron magnet. I've tried everything that the forums have suggested and can find various sizes and shapes of iron with great sounding TID's at every TID number. tried no disc, high disc, no IB, high IB, 90 degree, lower sans, etc. and anything else that you can think of. It's now my emergency backup machine and about the only thing that I MIGHT use it for is water hunting but that's about it.
    I知 very disappointed

Nov 2015
    302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gene the machine View Post
    Interesting, my EQ800 arrives today. Its going to go head to head with my Deus and we'll just see how it does in iron. I detected around the Albany, NY area for years and its 300 years of piled up iron. That NY iron is nothing compared to the rusty nails here in the Portland/Vancouver area. Our pacific NW volcanic black sand turns your average rusty nail into a falsing nightmare and the mineralization is so nasty its hard for an Explorer to get even 6 inches of depth. So the EQ800 is about to endure a torture test. If I can get it to work here it will work anywhere.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    14195 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesUpstateNY View Post
    Interesting, my EQ800 arrives today. Its going to go head to head with my Deus and we'll just see how it does in iron. I detected around the Albany, NY area for years and its 300 years of piled up iron. That NY iron is nothing compared to the rusty nails here in the Portland/Vancouver area. Our pacific NW volcanic black sand turns your average rusty nail into a falsing nightmare and the mineralization is so nasty its hard for an Explorer to get even 6 inches of depth. So the EQ800 is about to endure a torture test. If I can get it to work here it will work anywhere.
    Well let me know when you get the hang of it. Our soil down here is mineralized, they say leave it in 0 GB, but mine will GB in 60-80. I致e been very pleased in some places, but iron has disappointed me in more ways then one. I have to buy another detector.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13257 times
    Banner Finds (5)
    I hadn’t heard it was an iron magnet. Huh.
    digger460 and sprailroad like this.

ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    Well let me know when you get the hang of it. Our soil down here is mineralized, they say leave it in 0 GB, but mine will GB in 60-80. I’ve been very pleased in some places, but iron has disappointed me in more ways then one. I have to buy another detector.
    This was my thoughts in trashy, iron areas with my Explorer. I really loved my Explorer but it didn't come close to my Outlaw in these areas. I'm still going to get the Nox 800 over this coming winter because I miss having a Minelab. I'll just stick with the Outlaw in those types of conditions.
    Truth1253 likes this.

us
    Sep 2012
    sd
    xp deus , Equinox 800
    530 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have very little trouble with nails . I have no problem with iron either . My equinox 800 finds things in 40 yr old beaten ground no other detector can . Area has everything to do with it . I continue to go to old hunted out sites and make ppls heads spin with ...You found that here ? Here is some finds from a 1900s school that has been hammered to death .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1891.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	260.7 KB 
ID:	1610307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hetland.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	326.3 KB 
ID:	1610308
    Hawks88 likes this.
    South Dakota motto .....Steak , guns and fur . Don't mess with us .

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13257 times
    Banner Finds (5)
    1943 Merc, I had your experience when I got the Deus HF coil. I went back to my hunted out CW site and pulled out another dozen minie balls and maybe that many buttons, an early flying eagle cent, I think 1858, the common one, and a kepi hat letter "A" amongst other things. And I LOVE the tiny percussion caps.

People gave up on that one particular site about 5 years ago. The owners tell me no one goes there anymore but me.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Jul 10, 2018 at 04:47 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links