🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Potentially buying a 600 this weekend and was curious if the wobble is still a thing or has Minelab addressed this issue on recently sent out units?

I'm not seeing it brought up lately, I follow 3-4 different Equinox forums, so, I believe the last few batches have been wobble free.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have noticed mine starting to do it.
I check the tightness of the cams but still feel a little clunking when going side to side.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call minelab and try to get a direct answer. I don’t know however it might be wise to wait another month or to in order to see what the newest machines are doing.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wobble?....it is built into the equinox for free....no mods required to add this feature....minlab nailed it. the perfect amount of wobble that increases and decreases depending how fast you swing. the transition from land to water sets the wobble to the perfect accent for every user.

others have tried to mirror this effect leaving the user dizzy and at times allowing the swing to interfere with the equalLibrium of the users natural gate of step.

I can only say well done minelab. you have even engineered the perfect amount of wobble to allow me to drink massive amounts of beer without falling over.
its like noise cancellation for the walking motion.....

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine 3 weeks ago, wobbles.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mine doesn't wobble cus I don't have one.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about everyone else but with me the dreaded "wobble" comes after about an hour of detecting.....the cam loosens a bit...I hardly notice it....I'm thinking about one inch of thread tape would fix it and never come loose again.

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My EQ800 finally arrived today, I'll take some measurements with my digital calipers and inspect. Is it just one of the camlock joints that loosens or both?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure a weeble has something to do with the wobble!

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is the upper one by the remote

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's either weebles or gremlins. Depends on which state you're in.

AurumHunter024

May 10, 2018
CO, 4 corners
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven’t noticed any wobble after a few hours of use on a properly tightened shaft.
Only when I forget to tighten the cam loc do I experience any. Then I tighten it and all seems well.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven’t noticed any wobble after a few hours of use on a properly tightened shaft.
Only when I forget to tighten the cam loc do I experience any. Then I tighten it and all seems well.

Same here, no issues. But I feel like I lucked out because it IS a real thing. Seems to be a fit up thing due to variations in the tolerances of the shaft diameters and the cam locks. Get the wrong combination and it is wobble city.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duct tape! Fixes everything! If duct tape doesn't do it please consult the Hill Billy bible page #2 right hand column. "If the duct tape doesn't fix it you're not using enough Duct Tape!!!!"

Remember, duct tape is like Star Wars. It has a light side & a dark side and it holds the whole universe together!

sldigger

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,White MXT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the results of me sending in my wobbly shafts which was only a week old to Minelab.
After waiting two weeks to get the shafts back and missing the fourth of July to take it out, which was my fault I was not even thinking when I sent them in.
Anyway Minelab does not have a fix for the wobbly shafts at this time. I was hopping that the new ones that they sent me would fit better and would be tight, no such luck.
I put everything back together and tightened it all up and just as wobbly as the ones I just sent in and wasted two weeks so do not send anything in to them right now maybe they will get a fix someday after we only payed 900.00 for these!!!
Not happy at all you would think they would just tell us not to waste out time to send in anything right now, not very good customer service they new it was not going to make any difference!!

Looks like it is up to us to fix there problem or spend another 100.00 + to get it right SLDigger

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Same here, no issues. But I feel like I lucked out because it IS a real thing. Seems to be a fit up thing due to variations in the tolerances of the shaft diameters and the cam locks. Get the wrong combination and it is wobble city.

VF, Mine has wobbled since day one. I'm constantly tightening the cams, but after a few minutes it's back to wobbling again, that's why I posted a couple days ago regarding the aftermarket Carbon fiber rods, because I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy one. I'll keep the original shaft as a back up, but if you are unfortunate enough to own a machine that has the wobbles, it'll drive you crazy after a while... "D"

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have both the 800 and 600 and neither wobble. If if wobbles call minelab. Send it in and will be back within 7 days.

This is the 1st I have heard of wobble issues since April but then again many people may send their Equinox in without mentioning it

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't notice the wobble anymore. I spent many hours swinging and I tighten but don't over-tighten the cam locks. A little beach sand seems to do the trick since they didn't loosen in the water. Either I got used to it or it went away. Either way its not a factor for me. I got my machine a month plus ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread