The wobble and rod mods

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've read in the forum about the wobble some have developed on both the 600/800 after some use with them. I also read about the straight telescopic Golden Mask rod using a riser as an alternative rod that collapses making it easier for traveling.
I was wondering if anyone here has done that mod and if so how they liked it?

This is the website of said mod.

https://md-hunter.com/minelab-equinox-shaft-adapter-another-shaft/

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only been out twice so far and have had to tighten the locks on both trips after an hour or so. I have used Pluggers shaft locks and they're excellent. The only downside is you have to cut the existing cams off but they hold really well. A plus is you don't need the spring clip they hold so well. So you can perfect the shaft length and not have to choose between the 2 inch spring clip adjustments. If it gets worse I might go that way or just take the extra step and drill some holes and buy a couple of nylon bolts.
Check out Rodsbyplugger They have a website and sell thru ebay.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going with a diy carbon fiber shaft, i can drill a few holes. And 1 pluggers shaft lock, too easy and under fifty bucks. Looking at my tesoro's arm cuff i had a weird idea. Mount the nox control box in front of the tesoro hand grip and extend the arm rest tube a few inches to make up the loss. might be something for those that need the S or bent shaft style.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The article never said where you can get those adapters. I saw someone else adapt the Equinox to the GM shaft by dremeling down the diameter of the large diameter upper shaft until the Equinox control module handle just fit then they fastened it to the GB shaft using pipe clamps. Not as graceful but it worked. That person said the hard part really was getting the native handle off the GM shaft because it was both bolted and glued on. Let us know if you locate the adapter pieces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions