Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to share my latest video with everyone here. Nothing ground breaking but I have lots of live digs where I compared the targets using my ctx and equinox 800. I give some thoughts on both at the end of video.

After using both machines side by side for a few months I think that the equinox is a very good value for the price. The ctx does provide more info on targets in my opinion but the equinox will alert you to every target the ctx does. Maybe more in iron infested sites. The target trace on ctx is a huge plus and helps minimize trash targets. GPS function on ctx is very helpful in certain types of hunts as well. The equinox is much lighter and easier to swing for long hunts. The equinox is like a swiss army knife and does a lot if things well but isnt the best at any of them in my opinion. Overall I love both machines and plan on keeping them until something better comes along which could be a long time.

I plan to do some more side by side comparisons in different types of hunts like beach, heavy iron, and gold prospecting in the future so stay tuned!

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea- I own both. My answer when people ask- if you are digging everything anyway use the NOX.

If you are wanting to know as much as possible what you are about to dig, to avoid digging trash, or tearing up a nice yard- use the CTX. The amount of info it gives you is incredible.

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea- I own both. My answer when people ask- if you are digging everything anyway use the NOX.

If you are wanting to know as much as possible what you are about to dig, to avoid digging trash, or tearing up a nice yard- use the CTX. The amount of info it gives you is incredible.
Yep that is pretty accurate. I do tend to dig some interesting things with 800 that I would have passed on with CTX. But if you just want to cherry pick silver in most sites the CTX is still king.

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 6 inch coil on the way for equinox so I am planning to compare it to CTX with coiltek 6 inch coil. Should be fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread