changing coils on the Equinox

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will be ordering the 6" coil for my 800. On my AT Pro they recommended resetting the unit when changing from the AT Pro stock coil to the NEL Thunder.

Is there such a requirement to reset when changing from the 800 stock coil and 6" coil?

I hope not, since i have some custom settings in field2.

thanks for any help.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. Equinox should recognize the coil (which has an imbedded electronic chip) and make any internal calibration adjustments, if necessary, seamlessly, without you having to do anything or alter your user settings (other than tweak them for the performance differences between the coils). Your custom tone settings should not be affected at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, I always find your posts and replies helpful and dependable. Will be getting my 6" coil in two days. I expect it will prove useful in a some creeks in N. Georgia with placer deposits and in tailings around gold mines. Can't wait to try it out. Got it from a very small but dependable Minelab dealer out west. There are a handful of forum posters that I trust who have helped minimize my Equinox 800 learning curve which is considerable coming from 3 years on my AT Pro. Learned a lot not only about the Equinox but about metal detecting in general. Funny I thought I knew a lot about metal detecting since I have been doing it off and on since 1988. But it seems like the last three years have been the most informative phase of my hobby mainly due to some very good MD forums and some youtube videos available now as compared to what was not available in the late 80's and early 90's. But of course the Internet as we know it today did not exist back then. Had to rely on slim manuals, a few magazines and maybe if you were lucky had an experienced MD buddy (which I did not).

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should buy an extra coil cable...just incase.

:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread