Part of Me Says Buy an Equinox.

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get an inexpensive pair of APTX LL Bluetooth headphones at $30 to $60 for your 600 and you still will have paid less than the Kruzer and will have wireless capability and a pair of headphones you can use with other devices.

Performance wise, something is not right with the way you have the 600 set up. I have actually never found more nickels than I have with the Equinox and when the target is NOT trash or not mixed with trash, the ID is very stable plus the 50-tone audio gives a wealth of additional target info. The Equinox 600 is like 6 machines in one and I have found it to be VERY stable in salt water without having to reduce sensitivity and that is something I have seen complaints about over in the Kruzer forum. The 800 gets you more wireless accessories, gold mode, but also the tonal options you have on the Kruzer, albeit for $150 more (but the included wireless hardware alone, including a module that allows you to plug in any wired headphone and make it wireless) probably worth at least most if not all of that price delta.

Don't get me wrong. The Kruzer is a great machine from the looks of it. What the Impact should have been. If the Equinox had not shown up at the same time, I would seriously have been considering it. Certainly, the best multiple, selectable single frequency waterproof machine in its price range.

Hope you figure out your dilemma, but you have two pretty good machines in your hands right now.

I find nickels with the 600, but I have found more with the Kruzer. I use the 600 in Park 2, 5 Tone (50 Tone is too Chatty), I don't have the sensitivity at full blast, and GB Track; so I don't think it is that. Maybe who knows. Anyway, you have a good point about salt water though. I have not used it in salt water yet and I have seen the posts about the Kruzer having issues in it. I don't think I have seen any complaints about salt water and the 600.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread