My 800 six in coil arrived today!

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was glad to get my six inch coil for my 800. I will try it out Monday since that is the first free day I have to search.

I will try it out on my super trashy site around the picnic tables at the rivers edge. This park is slammed full of people every weekend and on holidays.
I have had good luck with the Nox 800 standard 11 inch coil picking out some old hidden clad dimes among the trash so I should have a good compare with those hunts.

With my AT Pro, I just simply stayed away from those trashy areas.

The following week will try my 6" in some areas I know in North Ga around an old gold mine and some placer areas along a creek.

Small authorized Minelab dealers have a few, so guys and gals start calling around if you wish to get your 6" coil faster than waiting for large Minelab dealer. My small dealer who sold me my 800 2 months ago got three 6" coils allocated and immediately sold two and I got the third.

Doubt if I will get a larger coil than the 11". I had a Nel Thunder for my AT Pro and was chasing lots of hard to dig (in my area, roots and rocks) targets. In this suburban area there are very few plowed fields. There are some old hidden fields but are overgrown with 40 to 80 year old trees packed kind of close together with lots of big roots that my shovel will just not cut through. I envy you guys in the country who still have plowed fields with no roots.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do look forward to what you will have to say about it pulltab, I only have perhaps 8 hours on the EQ so far, but I DO know with other machines, those small coils are a dandy little tool to have, so.....we'll see what's what with the EQ's 6".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions