Equinox shaft wobble - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Equinox shaft wobble

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #31
    us
    Jan 2019
    Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
    42
    64 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I'll probably buy a carbon fiber shaft just because it seems the NOX balances better with one. I know I'm being picky, but I don't like the idea that I HAVE to buy one due to a design defect. That probably doesn't make much sense to many, but to me it does.

    In any case I really hope they did fix the issue.

    -Joe
    RustyGold likes this.

  2. #32
    Charter Member

    Feb 2017
    Pa
    2,691
    4228 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInMO View Post
    I'll probably buy a carbon fiber shaft just because it seems the NOX balances better with one. I know I'm being picky, but I don't like the idea that I HAVE to buy one due to a design defect. That probably doesn't make much sense to many, but to me it does.

    In any case I really hope they did fix the issue.

    -Joe
    Look into Steves new design. Counterweighted and super solid.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190202_150435.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	1678472
    RustyGold and sgoss66 like this.

  3. #33
    us
    Jan 2019
    Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
    42
    64 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    Look into Steves new design. Counterweighted and super solid.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190202_150435.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	1678472
    I've looked at the posts, but I haven't seen the 'spreadsheet'. It sounds like there are many options and I'm not sure what to order. The 'other' brand seems to be a simple order and replace... not all the options. I guess I just don't understand.

    Thanks,
    -Joe
    sgoss66 likes this.

  4. #34
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    835
    1063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Joe,

    The options are not really as difficult as perhaps I've made them out to be; I try to offer options, so as to please the maximum number of customers (and their varying needs/wants).

    But, to simplify, here's how to figure it out -- two basic questions...

    1. Are you interested in the counterweight (either now, or possibly some day later)? IF so, you pick the shaft that includes a threaded butt end (to someday screw that counterweight into). Otherwise, you choose the shaft WITHOUT the threaded butt end.


    2. Are you interested in button holes in the shaft (to accept the spring button in the lower rod)? OR, do you prefer to simply trust the very strong/secure cam lock I use on my shafts, to securely connect the upper and lower rods, and thus enjoy the benefit of having universal adjustment capability in lower rod length? In other words, the ability to adjust the lower rod to ANY length you wish, as opposed to your adjustment lengths being limited to specific button hole locations?

    That is it! Button holes, or no button holes; counterweight compatibility, or no counterweight compatibility. That's all you need to decide. From there, I'll provide you the shaft you want...

    Send me a PM if you are interested, and I will assure you it's a "simple order and replace," as you desire!

    Thanks!

    Steve
    Last edited by sgoss66; Feb 07, 2019 at 09:24 PM.
    sandmartin and RustyGold like this.

  5. #35

    Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    71,946
    39174 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    All New Detector Models have the Potential for Issues.

    sure they send them out to Testers, But Testers have
    reason to Ignore & or Lie. if They want to keep that Field Tester Title.

    If your Willing to Buy a New Brand or Model in the first year or so,
    Ya gotta take the good with the bad.

    This is why I Never buy a Model that isn't at least a few years in the making.

    And You "Real" People Give opinions

    Let someone else find & report the Issues.
    & Buy after all the Growing Pains have been Fixed.

    I'm sure Minelab is Making a List of issues & Planing on a Permanent Fix.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Feb 07, 2019 at 09:34 PM.
    Truth and HighVDI like this.

  6. #36
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    11,668
    25394 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    All New Detector Models have the Potential for Issues.

    sure they send them out to Testers, But Testers have
    reason to Ignore & or Lie. if They want to keep that Field Tester Title.

    If your Willing to Buy a New Brand or Model in the first year or so,
    Ya gotta take the good with the bad.

    This is why I Never buy a Model that isn't at least a few years in the making.

    And You "Real" People Give opinions

    Let someone else find & report the Issues.
    & Buy after all the Growing Pains have been Fixed.

    I'm sure Minelab is Making a List of issues & Planing on a Permanent Fix.
    I like being the first to have the best I’m just that guy. If problem happens fix it and keep swinging. I got the Anderson shaft and it was great.
    jeff of pa and HighVDI like this.

  7. #37
    gb
    Paul Martin

    Feb 2015
    England
    Minelab Equinox 600, home made carbon fibre shaft, XP MI-4 Pointer
    254
    232 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Here are my thoughts. I have only put around 20 hours on my new 600 and so far haven't noticed any wobble. I love this machine and personally I would have paid $1000 for it, it's that good. So I figure if I have to buy a carbon shaft the machine is still good value for money.
    Even if I don't get any wobble I will probably still get a carbon shaft, this machine's a keeper.
    Truth, Hawks88 and ripvanb like this.

  8. #38
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    11,668
    25394 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmartin View Post
    Here are my thoughts. I have only put around 20 hours on my new 600 and so far haven't noticed any wobble. I love this machine and personally I would have paid $1000 for it, it's that good. So I figure if I have to buy a carbon shaft the machine is still good value for money.
    Even if I don't get any wobble I will probably still get a carbon shaft, this machine's a keeper.
    You’ll love it and it looks sharp and lighter.
    sandmartin likes this.

  9. #39
    gb
    Paul Martin

    Feb 2015
    England
    Minelab Equinox 600, home made carbon fibre shaft, XP MI-4 Pointer
    254
    232 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    You’ll love it and it looks sharp and lighter.

    My only concern was it might make the thing more 'top heavy'?

  10. #40
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    16,602
    30429 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    It will add weight. Top heavy, no, since it's already bottom heavy, I doubt you'll have that problem. Don't think the aftermarket fix for the original bad testing will do anything but help you. I'd go for either one of the fixes. Just add $$$.

    Truth1253, being the first means you have to wade through disappointment many times. My daughter with a computer science degree always warns me about getting the latest version of a computer software until it is on the market at least 6 months to avoid this exact issue. Also applies to cars.
    sandmartin and jeff of pa like this.

  11. #41
    gb
    Paul Martin

    Feb 2015
    England
    Minelab Equinox 600, home made carbon fibre shaft, XP MI-4 Pointer
    254
    232 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Sorry buddy I meant will it make it more bottom heavy.

  12. #42
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    835
    1063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Paul,

    Adding a carbon-fiber shaft won't make it MORE bottom heavy; the "bottom-heaviness" is of course the result of a heavy coil (relatively speaking) at the end of a long "lever." The weight of the lever (shaft) in this case does not alter that equation much. However, adding some counterweight CAN address the "nose-heaviness" of the machine, which is why I offer a counterweighting system as one of the options, with my shaft system. While it seems counter-intiutive to "add weight" to a "light machine," in reality what many find, is that right amount of weight added, to offset the weight of the coil, can make for a MUCH more confortable machine, for many folks.

    Steve
    Last edited by sgoss66; Feb 08, 2019 at 01:05 PM.
    HighVDI and sandmartin like this.

  13. #43
    Charter Member

    Feb 2017
    Pa
    2,691
    4228 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yep. Hard to explain but when you swing the machine with the CW it totally feels like a different machine all together
    sgoss66 likes this.

  14. #44

    Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil Equinox 600
    3,670
    10851 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    Yep. Hard to explain but when you swing the machine with the CW it totally feels like a different machine all together
    Next time we group hunt I want to swing your new setup. I watched your video on the shaft. Can you now hunt without needing the Velcro cuff strap?
    sgoss66 likes this.

  15. #45
    Charter Member

    Feb 2017
    Pa
    2,691
    4228 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by pa-dirt_nc-sand View Post
    Next time we group hunt I want to swing your new setup. I watched your video on the shaft. Can you now hunt without needing the Velcro cuff strap?
    Sure thing! Honestly? I like using the strap. I like how it makes everything lock into place......or at least give it that illusion. I took the counter weight off the shaft last night and after swinging back and forth about 5 times I started getting that front shoulder pull again that was annoying to me before! Night and day difference.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 600 heading in for shaft wobble repair *UPDATE*
    By Phishfindr in forum Equinox
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 24, 2018, 10:38 PM
  2. 600 heading in for shaft wobble repair
    By Phishfindr in forum Equinox
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 19, 2018, 01:34 PM
  3. Sea hunter Shaft wobble
    By Eagleye in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2014, 02:26 AM
  4. Sea hunter shaft wobble
    By Eagleye in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2014, 09:30 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 09, 2012, 10:12 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0