Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very interesting, looks like you have a lot to find out in the next week or two. more promising than I was 1st thinking

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP! Might be a monster in iron and its deeper on lower conducters.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. Nice video. I ordered the 6” and should be here Monday.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
9 am today mine will be here . Very excited to go back over all my grounds . It is like getting a new detector kinda .

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

garyd54

Feb 16, 2014
central virginia
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus V5, minelab explorer II and Tesoro Silver Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great video as always. I know this has probably been asked a thousand times so be gentle when I ask, why does the ml800 & 600 both go null when you change direction of the sweeping motion? I've watched all of your videos and am puzzled by the fact when you walk around a target from different direction it stops sounding off on the target. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks again!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nulling on the nearby iron nail (which is discriminated out or low tone) depending on sweep direction, recovery speed, separation and relative depth of the two targets. Calabash's test garden has both lone non-ferrous targets and also ferrous/non-ferrous targets in the same hole. If there is little separation between the nail and target and they are both under the center of the coil, the iron will tend to dominate the signal causing a null or low tone. Since the nail is long and thin and the coin is round the response will be different depending on which direction the coil approaches the target. That is why a 90 degree turn on an iffy target signal next to iron will sometimes clear the signal up.

Lone iron targets also sometimes present false high tones in one sweep direction off their edges either due to the flattened nail head end or if the nail is bent. So one way signals typically indicate the presence of iron with the possibility of being co-located with a non-ferrous target.

Finally, really deep non-ferrous targets depending on their orientation in the ground (like an on-edge coin) may only sound off in one direction.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing...:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread