cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I can determine, Park 1 should be better for deep silver.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I can determine, Park 1 should be better for deep silver.

Can you say why? I've got 20+ hours on the machine so far and I've only used Park 2. Thanks in advance!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have said in my soil.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me - as far as depth is concerned, high conductive coins (copper, silver, clad), Park 1 a bit deeper. Nickels, gold, lead, brass, smaller targets regardless of conductivity) and other mid-conductive relics, Park 2 is a tad deeper. Hard to say what the relative difference is but I have found deep silver with Park 2/Field 2 and have found deep nickels in Park 1.

When someone asks "which mode is better" best to specify the target type of interest because one can easily answer, "it depends" to the basic question. Way too many variables involved (target type, ground conditions, trash and iron density) all factor into the answer.

So, in general, if I am relic hunting, I like Field 2 or Park 2. In highly mineralized soil or thick iron, I sometimes use gold mode.

Park 1 for casual coin shooting.

Last edited:

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With Multi-IQ Park 1 has more weight on low frequencies and Park 2 has more weight on high frequencies, so Park 2 is better for small objects like fine jewellery, Park 1 is better for bigger relics and coins.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still new with the 800, perhaps 60hrs? anyway, Park 2 seems alittle better for me out here, and the multi-tones is not new to me coming from the Safari. The Park 2 has iron bias pre-set at 0, Park 1, at 6. What I like about the EQ is that I CAN set Park 1 at multi tone, AND set IB at 0 as well. Both modes would be the same pretty much, except that 1 would be weighted more to the lower end of Khz, and 2 the higher end, have not done that yet, still learning the machine in general. Treasure Net has helped reduce the learning curve though before I even received the detector.

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
.facebook_1533051305266.jpg I been using park 1 this is the third Seated I've found in the last week.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you say why? I've got 20+ hours on the machine so far and I've only used Park 2. Thanks in advance!

By looking at the specs. Park 1 is set up weighted more to high conductors. This doesn't mean it will be superior in all venues, but, typically, it should be better on deep silver for the average park. Assuming we're talking about an 800, you can change most of the settings to suit personal tastes. If you prefer 2, 5, or 50 tones, just change the setting. Same goes for tone breaks, tones, iron bias, recovery speed, etc. Starting out, I'd stay pretty basic and get used to the machine before making major changes. Some of them can be counterproductive under certain conditions.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of my deeper silver dimes I dug was a Barber in park 2 but I also had the IB set very low. I think it's just a deep detector by nature and it also is very alerting.

My F75 is deep but I think I missed some targets due to the audio. Equinox has the best audio I've heard yet and when the horse shoe button is pushed the iron grunts are even easy to cope with.

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a firm believer in park 2 for silver coin s due to my testing in coin garden. I also shied away from park 1 in the field due to known issues with big silver coins on edge. After last week I blew all that data up. I found my 2nd barber half ever in park 1 and it was around 10 inches deep. I checked the target in park 2 before digging because the signal was a bit jumpy and inconsistent. In park 2 I got no diggable numbers or signal. The target acted just like trash in park 2. But since park 1 was telling me to dig I did and I am so glad I did. I continued to see similar results in this park.

Obviously each situation and soil type is different and I would never limit myself by only using park 1 or park 2 exclusively. I think users should always try both modes and see which one performs better in their particular setting and conditions.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a firm believer in park 2 for silver coin s due to my testing in coin garden. I also shied away from park 1 in the field due to known issues with big silver coins on edge. After last week I blew all that data up. I found my 2nd barber half ever in park 1 and it was around 10 inches deep. I checked the target in park 2 before digging because the signal was a bit jumpy and inconsistent. In park 2 I got no diggable numbers or signal. The target acted just like trash in park 2. But since park 1 was telling me to dig I did and I am so glad I did. I continued to see similar results in this park.

Obviously each situation and soil type is different and I would never limit myself by only using park 1 or park 2 exclusively. I think users should always try both modes and see which one performs better in their particular setting and conditions.

In Park 1, did you run it default of 6 IB?, or did you reduce it, to say 0, as I thought I might try.

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Park 1 for large deep coins, park 2 for small coins dime and under.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread