Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought fella's, we all by now know that let's say Park 1 is weighted more at the lower end of the Multi-Freq's, and Park 2 is weighted more at the higher end, if wanting to run a single Freq. of 5, WOULD their be any advantage in running it in Park 1 or Field 1, and if wanting to detect in say 20Khz only, use Park 2 and Field 2? Or do you think it would not really matter at all either way. Just a thought.
I've been wondering the same thing.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree. I've hunted vast acreage and you never will cover it all, not even with a large coil. That's why I'll be getting the 13" x 11" X35 for the Deus and the 15" for the Equinox. Got a lot of ground to cover. Lots of old Colonial buttons, too, that are a foot deep or better.

So, I take it that you have really taken a liking to hunting up there where the old stuff is hiding under every rock? it has to be exciting just knowing that you have the potential to find something super awesome like a GW button. it sounds like you have a great game plan lined out to do the best that you can to find the prime finds. You have youth on your side to help you pursue this quest and I envy you on that but I will be happy to see your finds.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've actually been not fifty feet from where a buddy of mine pulled a GW out of the ground. And this is that button. IMG_20161015_211305.jpeg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought fella's, we all by now know that let's say Park 1 is weighted more at the lower end of the Multi-Freq's, and Park 2 is weighted more at the higher end, if wanting to run a single Freq. of 5, WOULD their be any advantage in running it in Park 1 or Field 1, and if wanting to detect in say 20Khz only, use Park 2 and Field 2? Or do you think it would not really matter at all either way. Just a thought.

Short answer is it doesn’t matter what mode you are in once you go single frequency because at that point the only thing that differentiates Park 1 from Park 2 from Field 1 from Field 2 are the user settings in Noise cancel, GB, discrimination, tone, and recovery speed. Iron bias doesn’t work in single frequency and Multi IQ is what really gives each mode their individual “personalities.” I discussed it in detail here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/equinox/584888-single-frequency-equinox-pros-cons.html

(Note that the Beach modes can not operate in single frequency and the Gold Modes are different because of their VCO-like pitch audio vs. tones and are limited to 20/40 kHz single frequency)

Last edited:
OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh. No doubt. Thanks for that info! That makes all kinds of sense, actually.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread