Can someone make me

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A waterproof connector cable like Minelabs BUT where my Black widows and Sun Rays will work. I am not a solder guy. But this is a great business idea that will sell thousands. My guess is cheaper and better than a $40 bill to Minelab for something not working. Please contact me directly for my specifications, if you can or want to.

Thanks Dave

Last edited:
OP
OP
midalake

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A waterproof connector cable like Minelabs BUT where my Black widows and Sun Rays will work. I am not a solder guy. But this is a great business idea that will sell thousands. My guess is cheaper and better than a $40 bill to Minelab for something not working. Please contact me directly for my specifications, if you can or want to.

Thanks Dave

Thanks for the views.....Problem Solved.

OP
OP
midalake

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two parties are already making waterproof cables that work.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two parties are already making waterproof cables that work.

Both ends waterproof or just the end that plugs into the detector like the Minelab accessory cable? Would like to be able to adapt a pair of GG Amphibians with Garrett plug connector so I can use them with either my ATX or the Equinox. That is why I am asking.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
IMO, Don't lock your stars to your perceived impressions.

There are extremely well made dunkable earphones available already and quietly marketed.

Just pay attention around here and ask the right people.

There's good people here. Accept that.

But you'll have to explore someone else than me = secrets are safe, you just gotta look around.

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
would be nice, I have a pair of Garrett water proof headsets (I know, not the greatest but what I have). I hope to be able to use what I have to keep costs down but it is what it is. If I lived closer to real beaches, I would be trying to get a better set for sure. I would be one to take a plug that works and make it work with mine, if I had one that is.

OP
OP
midalake

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both ends waterproof or just the end that plugs into the detector like the Minelab accessory cable? Would like to be able to adapt a pair of GG Amphibians with Garrett plug connector so I can use them with either my ATX or the Equinox. That is why I am asking.

Like the Minelab cable...detector end waterproof. Dave

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Dave. Hope you have better luck than the OEM cable. I've found such specialty items are usually best made by craftsmen rather than mass produced. It's usually a better product when someone's rep is on the line vs. a trademark.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here is what I did and have been using for almost 4 months.

Wiring first:
addon.php

You can make or have one made from the Minelab Part No. 3011-0369 .... $40.00
3011-0369-Headphone-Adaptor-Cable-EQUINOX.png

cut 1/4 phone jack off.
get a Garrett:
1627410_Z-Lynk_adapter_jack-2pin_66x134.jpg
NEW!
Garrett Z-Lynk Adapter Cable (¼" jack to 2-pin AT connector)
PN: 1627800.....$19.95

cut off the 1/4 phone plug - very close to the strain relief

Splice the 1/8 waterproof plug to the AT series audio connector.
Or get a set of water proof connectors use to splice a 3rd party coil to a hardwired detector.

Attachments

• wp connectors.JPG
    wp connectors.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 56

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hunting partner Dave can make you one but not for under $40.00 as it requires 1/2 hour labor and 2 connectors for each cable. Minelab has them for only $40 because they are mass produced in Malaysia.

OP
OP
midalake

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hunting partner Dave can make you one but not for under $40.00 as it requires 1/2 hour labor and 2 connectors for each cable. Minelab has them for only $40 because they are mass produced in Malaysia.

Thanks....BUT got it covered, hand crafted, $40 shipped......:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread