Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was detecting on a semi trashy spot and hit a clean high tone in Park 1, sensitivity 25, Recovery speed 4. It was a brass piece close to 14” down. Brass target is about the size of a dollar. Still unsure what it is, probably just a cap to something, but must admit I almost gave up. I learned not to give up when the same thing happened to me when I found my 1851 Brass French Horn hat pin. You just never know. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds Truth.Congrats

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Whisper or hard hit?

On recovery speed 5 whisper on 4 solid. I was surprised it was so deep and was thinking damn iron, but sure enough could have been something awesome.

**Pays to be curious and/or hardheaded

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
SHHHHHH!!!! The Nox sux it can't find anything and is over hyped! At least that what other people believe lol ;)

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SHHHHHH!!!! The Nox sux it can't find anything and is over hyped! At least that what other people believe lol ;)

(Whisper) yeah I meet a guy who had a 1820 virgin permission all to himself for 15 years with his Etrac and he found AMAZING things. The property was sold and I caught the new owners outside and they where gracious enough to allow me as well as him (now my friend) to detect it. He told me the only thing he hasn’t found was a half dime and half real. In the 10 visits I found 2 Half Dimes and 1 Half Real :))))

Total bucket listers never in my wildest dreams. [emoji1317]

Last edited:

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure trying. The only thing in wanting those deep treasures is digging those deep targets. Lol Everybody wants them but digging them is the reality.

Yes I have diggers elbow bad

if you can invest in on of these.....

you won't end up in one of these....

bledsoe-extender-arm-post-op-elbow-brace_1.jpg

and end up hiring one of these...

labor-day-hot-laborers.jpg

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you can invest in on of these.....

you won't end up in one of these....

and end up hiring one of these...

You made my day LMAO!!

Yeah the struggle is real as I lay here in bed. IMG_0012.JPG Funny thing is it use to be my swinging elbow with the ATMax and the huge coils, so I went lighter now it’s the digging elbow. Lol

You know if I did own a old property that produced I’d but that sucka.

Last edited:

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine what that big bad 15" gonna do on old farmland... hell, you just might need a backhoe for that one.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're 1000% right. I hit a faint 12" target last night surrounded by iron nails on the NOX800 and it turned out to be a very fancy 2-inch long keyhole plate. Now I have to find the key... and the OBVIOUS treasure box full of gold coins this thing rotted off of!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine what that big bad 15" gonna do on old farmland... hell, you just might need a backhoe for that one.

Just a minor reality check with that "big" Equinox coil. It's a 15 x 12-inch elliptical. Which means that the "depth" diameter is only 1" greater that the round 11" DD (for an elliptical coil, you assume the depth is only slightly better than a round coil with the equivalent short dimension diameter, in this case 12") and the active length (15") gives you 15" coil size swing coverage without 15" of of round coil weight (due to the elliptical shape) the tradeoff being the 12+" equivalent round coil depth. So, that big coil is not going to be significantly deeper than the 11" coil, perhaps an inch or two more depth but what you really get is a lot more ground coverage. Hope that makes sense.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is deep! The stock coil will do me good for now, but the 6" would be easier on my nerve pain. Just getting a Equinox taught me patience so going to wait and see what other coil options come up by next spring.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is deep! The stock coil will do me good for now, but the 6" would be easier on my nerve pain. Just getting a Equinox taught me patience so going to wait and see what other coil options come up by next spring.

The 6” feels like a feather and you’ll definitely see a difference in balance as well. I bought it for this one particular iron patch at a 1820’s site, but it’s so small detecting a whole lawn is like coloring a poster with a bic pen. Although I need to learn more patience myself. God Bless nagant [emoji1317]

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(Whisper) yeah I meet a guy who had a 1820 virgin permission all to himself for 15 years with his Etrac and he found AMAZING things. The property was sold and I caught the new owners outside and they where gracious enough to allow me as well as him (now my friend) to detect it. He told me the only thing he hasn’t found was a half dime and half real. In the 10 visits I found 2 Half Dimes and 1 Half Real :))))

Total bucket listers never in my wildest dreams. [emoji1317]

HOLY COW! 10 visits, two half dimes, one half reale? WOW!!!!! GREAT digs!

With the Equinox, I assume? Pics?

Steve

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW, Truth! BEAUTIFUL digs! AMAZING stuff, right there!!! What a site!

Steve

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On disc 5 whisper on 4 solid. I was surprised it was so deep and was thinking damn iron, but sure enough could have been something awesome.

**Pays to be curious and/or hardheaded

Truth, I'm not understanding "Disc" 5 and 4, are you meaning recovery speed? or....JUST re read your post, recovery speed I believe, OK then, how about Iron Bias, pre set in Park 1 at 6, or did you reduce it. Still learning. Nice NICE things your finding there Truth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions