My private setting 2 questions? Leaving in a hour to hunt :))

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is I just set my program for coin shooting let’s say and I make it my private setting, I that it of private settings and turn machine off. It’s my understanding that it’ll save it. My question is when I’m turning my machine back on I I don’t have to go to all the way to FP? And if it do will it erase my preprogrammed setting?

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Factory reset will clear private settings, and if you reset any program say like park1 if your private setting is based on that it would clear it. I think that's right:icon_scratch:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never have to go to factory preset unless you wish to wipe out saved settings or have some problem. After you have saved settings under your personal profile they will be saved and every time you turn your machine on again and select your personal profile it will be there. One does not have to FP when turning on a machine unless they had some sort of difficulty. I have never used FP since I got mine although I have only turned it on 30-40 times so far and it functions perfectly.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Truth,
I know you've already thought of this but I carry a small notebook with certain setting for different sites. You know they say the memory is the second thing to go.:laughing7:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
so if the memory is the second thing to go, when it goes you forget about the first thing?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth - to make things even more confusing, the Equinox has a bug that causes it to reset ALL your custom settings for EVERY search profile (like a factory reset) if you turn off the Equinox while the User Profile (what you call private settings) mode is engaged. So always switch out of the User Profile mode before you shut down your machine to ensue the User Profile and the other search profile custom settings are saved, unless of course, you enjoy re-entering all your custom settings. That will prevent the Equinox from being the third thing to go because you wrapped it around a tree in frustration. :occasion18:

Last edited:

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought something wiped out my memory when it happened to me:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth,
I know you've already thought of this but I carry a small notebook with certain setting for different sites. You know they say the memory is the second thing to go.:laughing7:

That my friend is very true! Putting pen to paper never failed lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth - to make things even more confusing, the Equinox has a bug that causes it to reset ALL your custom settings for EVERY search profile (like a factory reset) if you turn off the Equinox while the User Profile (what you call private settings) mode is engaged. So always switch out of the User Profile mode before you shut down your machine to ensue the User Profile and the other search profile custom settings are saved, unless of course, you enjoy re-entering all your custom settings. That will prevent the Equinox from being the third thing to go because you wrapped it around a tree in frustration. :occasion18:

LMFAO!!!!! Where you watching me somewhere?? :laughing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread