Equinox 800 VDI compared to EXPLORER SE

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never ran an explorer so no clue. But the recovery speed comparison really surprised me. Seemed a lot more stable on 5. Liked that mount, really cought the VDI and could see you run thru the settings, thanks.

Last edited:

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forget to ad on the other forum I really appreciate the shout out. Just want to say I've used the etrac and in clean dirt it was fine but ad in iron or loose dirt like a field and it did not work for me.. your Sandy substrate soil may be the reason some guys are saying the etrac/3030/explorer should be deeper that the nox or deus.. maybe fbs works better in hard packed dirt instead of Sandy soil?? I know I lost alot of depth in plowed fields. But here in Ohio I did better with the f75 than the etrac. The deus then took over as my go to machine. The nox is great but since the x35 coil release and version 5.1 I can't stop using the deus. Great video as usual.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the Nox 800, I run the recovery speed even lower than that, unless I'm in a trashy area. It makes a big difference on my machine's depth and target I.D. accuracy.

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could never see the advantage of using the Explorer in my mild ground over the CZ's or a good single freq machine running at a lower frequency.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread