483.3 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos to ML for releasing an update so quickly and addressing some common gripes. Hope we get an overload indicator on the next round.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was trying to use my surface book laptop to update and got a usb power error and switched to my desktop and all went fine.
Just a heads up if you get that error.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i will say that is a whole lot better and easier than when you have to send a detector in and pay a big price to get your detector up dated or a improvement on it. Minelab did it again..Thanks Minelab. for the no cost no hassle update..

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tn!! Just did it, nice and simple!! So glad they have a MAC program too. I don't know why folks need and overload indicator, I have several machines without one, no problemo.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My unit updated. No problems.

Will check a few things.

Remember no way to tell I don’t think at turn on or I don’t think it can be accessed as to which software version installed.

So folks buying Equinox in near future. If you want the update, you’ll need to follow instructions in link above to see what your unit hasn’t exactly.
Unless there is a secret way to view version I am not aware of.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The depth gauge works A LOT better!!!!!!! :hello2:

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post TNSS ! the instructions say the detector has to be connected to the coil while updating , does anyone know if it matters if it is the 6" or 11" coil that is connected or do they need to be updated separately ? I tried to call minelab but couldn't get through to anyone , just voicemail.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post TNSS ! the instructions say the detector has to be connected to the coil while updating , does anyone know if it matters if it is the 6" or 11" coil that is connected or do they need to be updated separately ? I tried to call minelab but couldn't get through to anyone , just voicemail.

Coil is a coil, is a coil, size will not matter.

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bit better with on edge gold rings as well. Was getting around 2/3 of the depth on edge vs flat now it's closer to 3/4.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are updating the head unit, not the coil so coil size doesn't matter. If you have ever turned on your Nox without a coil connected you will get a warning on the screen so I think they just want to make sure you aren't in that warning mode when you update. The charge cord isn't very long so perhaps they worry about folks taking off the coil to get the machine closer to their computer. Forgot to mention that if you turn it on without a coil plugged in you get the "no coil connected" warning and the machine automatically shuts off.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Updated mine with no problem, in fact it is actually easier that Exchange 2 and the Equinox update has a Mac option.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone notice any difference in Pinpointer behavior after the update? Haven't updated yet, but thought they might iron out some of the quirkiness that requires occasional PP "resets" when it locks into faint signal mode. I am used to it now, but it seemed like something that obviously needed a little tweaking.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone notice any difference in Pinpointer behavior after the update? Haven't updated yet, but thought they might iron out some of the quirkiness that requires occasional PP "resets" when it locks into faint signal mode. I am used to it now, but it seemed like something that obviously needed a little tweaking.

I believe they addressed that. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread