After nox update...

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed less emi interference. Quite a difference actually. That was the thing that stood out the most to me.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t even use pinpoint on the nox. No need.

Wiggle wiggle, turn wiggle wiggle.

Eyeball it, and good to go.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to lack of target modulation, the pinpointer is useful for more than just pinpointing in some circumstances...e.g., wiggle off will still snag me some shallow crushed cans, pinpointer as a non-motion mode gives me a better chance of quickly sizing up the target and simply moving on. I'll still wiggle off on occasion, but pinpoint is pretty fast for me in most circumstances.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Haven't tried it yet but right off the bat it seem even lighter.

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Installed the update on my eq800 yesterday and went out for a few hours.. my pinpoint function is still acting quirky... I've just come to live with it... no big deal but was hoping it would have fixed it...

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't tried the coin on edge yet. Maybe today I will try it out to see if the update indeed did fix that in park 1 and field 1

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't tried the coin on edge yet. Maybe today I will try it out to see if the update indeed did fix that in park 1 and field 1
There are several videos out proving the silver on edge issue has been resolved. If yours still has an issue then either the update was not successful or you have a bad control box.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried in my local fresh water lake today I am liking the update.
Quarters near the surface now blast your ears like they should.
Modulation seems to be working from what I hear and the depth meter now works too.
Also I think the ID's might be tighter now and to depth less bouncing when you swing short to ID the target.
Can't wait to get out there again and try it some more and if the hurricane comes towards us Ocean trip for more test :)

Last edited:

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several videos out proving the silver on edge issue has been resolved. If yours still has an issue then either the update was not successful or you have a bad control box.

Yeah I've watched those videos.. I just haven't tested mine yet.. I know the pinpoint function is still the same as it was with the quirkiness, loud and then quiet etc..

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t have internet because I use my phone and not my laptop, so can’t update. Do you think I could do it at a library?

Not sure what good a laptop does you without internet. For one thing, how do you get operating system security updates and antivirus updates. If the answer is that you don't, then there is no freaking way I would be hooking it up to an open WiFi network at a library or restaraunt. You might as well just take your laptop to a hacker and have them steal your info directly. If the laptop itself has bluetooth, you can download the file to your phone and then transfer it to your laptop via Bluetooth but I might have better chance talking you through a moon landing than figuring out how to do that. Perhaps you can meet up with D if he has a laptop and he can update your detector for you. PM me if you want other ideas, Truth. Be careful with that laptop if it has valuable personal info on it but no updated security.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t have internet because I use my phone and not my laptop, so can’t update. Do you think I could do it at a library?

Not sure what phone you have but you could set up your phone as a mobile hotspot and connect the laptop wirelessly to the phone and download the program.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took her out for a spin with the new update and 6" coil. Ran smooth and quiet and I ended up bagging a merc at about 4" (showed 3 bars). Solid 25/26 VID. Depth gauge is definitely improved. Pinpoint seems a little "tighter" and more intuitive. One thing I also noticed, and I don't know if this was part of the update or just my imagination, but depth audio modulation seems better to me. Did anyone else notice this? It's certainly a welcome change if they tuned it.

I did actually notice this... it sounds more comfortable on the ears. Before it always felt so harsh. Maybe this is just imagined but my first thought when I turned the machine on was "hmm it sounds more mellow on the ears today"

Last edited:

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what phone you have but you could set up your phone as a mobile hotspot and connect the laptop wirelessly to the phone and download the program.

This! The update is well worth whatever trouble you have to go through to get it added,

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That would normally be my preference too, but most service providers charge extra for hotspot capability, that's why I recommended to Truth that he use free BT file transfer as I doubt that he is paying for hotspot capability that he apparently does not use for his laptop.

Anyway he took my advice and is getting is his detecting buddy to help out with the update so mission accomplished.

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would normally be my preference too, but most service providers charge extra for hotspot capability, that's why I recommended to Truth that he use free BT file transfer as I doubt that he is paying for hotspot capability that he apparently does not use for his laptop.

Anyway he took my advice and is getting is his detecting buddy to help out with the update so mission accomplished.

Went great and tore it up v

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread