Has anyone seen a difference since updating?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. It's the bees knees. And there are about 50 posts in the update thread testifying to the bug fixes. Is it going to perform the same way in thick iron nails as it did before the update, probably (i.e., you will still get the same falsing but it just might hit harder on that iffy silver dime you have). HTH

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ,before the update I didn't use it much due to chatter, pinpoint was a mess, ID numbers jumped around more and a few other things.. my nox 600 that I had before this was alot smoother and seemed to lock on better to targets but I knew this was updatable so I waited.. so now after updating my 800 it works the way it was meant. Modulation, pinpoint, solid ID numbers, almost no chatter at all... Big difference

MattPa

Aug 15, 2017
westerm PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been working crazy hours for the last several months. I haven't heard about an update yet. Can someone point me in the right direction to update?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Biggest thing I noticed was how stable the machine is now in high EMI areas. Spots I would have to dial back to 16-17 were hunted at 22-23 sens. Now. Of course, these spots always hold the deep coins! Lol.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes. It's the bees knees. And there are about 50 posts in the update thread testifying to the bug fixes. Is it going to perform the same way in thick iron nails as it did before the update, probably (i.e., you will still get the same falsing but it just might hit harder on that iffy silver dime you have). HTH

Ok v you’re talking my language. Oh and I started hunting in All Metal (horseshoe) mode I’m liking it.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Biggest thing I noticed was how stable the machine is now in high EMI areas. Spots I would have to dial back to 16-17 were hunted at 22-23 sens. Now. Of course, these spots always hold the deep coins! Lol.

Good to hear that as well

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes ,before the update I didn't use it much due to chatter, pinpoint was a mess, ID numbers jumped around more and a few other things.. my nox 600 that I had before this was alot smoother and seemed to lock on better to targets but I knew this was updatable so I waited.. so now after updating my 800 it works the way it was meant. Modulation, pinpoint, solid ID numbers, almost no chatter at all... Big difference

[emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, how are you going to get that update, man. Be careful if that laptop is not up to date. PM me if you need help.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, how are you going to get that update, man. Be careful if that laptop is not up to date. PM me if you need help.

Possumcop and I are going swinging tomorrow morning and he’s bringing his laptop. Thanks for all the time you invest in me and the rest of Tnet members. Don’t think it’s not noticed and appreciated V. [emoji1317]

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I updated a few days ago... unfortunately my pinpoint mode still acts quirky... but hey I've just come to deal with it... still love the machine.. though wish it would have helped with the pinpoint volume weirdness..

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I will revert to the old software and then try installing new update again??? Not sure it
Would be any different because my update went flawlessly the first time

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mary's 600 and my 800 are still having depth meter issues. Says coins are 6 inches down and are only 2 inches. Maybe next update will help us. But it does seem more stable than before and the pinpointing is a little better too.

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mary's 600 and my 800 are still having depth meter issues. Says coins are 6 inches down and are only 2 inches. Maybe next update will help us. But it does seem more stable than before and the pinpointing is a little better too.
Exactly what I found. Pinpointing has been noticeably tightened up.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the depth is still kind of goofy. a penny on the surface indicated 1 bar. a dime at 3 inches indicated 4 bars. I really don't mind. I think of it as a "more depth" or "less depth" indicator. The pinpointing for me was good before update and also good after update. My target is pretty much always where the shaft meets the stock coil. On the 6" coil don't really need to pinpoint. When I find a target i first use my minelab pro find 35 to get a general outline size if it is within the pro finds max depth capability.

There are so many variables with the 800 it is hard to say what has changed or has not changed.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have got 2 Equinox 800s here.

1 with stock firmware
1 with updated firmware

So if anyone would like me to do any particular side by side tests...then it's no probs...just let me know pn here.

Im in UK tho....so don't go asking for anything crazy like a wheat or indian head.....coz i dont even know what they are or look like..lol.

One thing i can tell you is that silver on edge is absolutely 100% improved.

Well...not just improved but absolutely slamming on edge silver....it's almost growing hands and pulling it out of the ground...lol.

Matt.

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have got 2 Equinox 800s here.

1 with stock firmware
1 with updated firmware

So if anyone would like me to do any particular side by side tests...then it's no probs...just let me know pn here.

Im in UK tho....so don't go asking for anything crazy like a wheat or indian head.....coz i dont even know what they are or look like..lol.

One thing i can tell you is that silver on edge is absolutely 100% improved.

Well...not just improved but absolutely slamming on edge silver....it's almost growing hands and pulling it out of the ground...lol.

Matt.

Here you go Matt:

Indian
indian.jpg

Wheat
wheat.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread