LS.PELSO Waterproof Headphones for the Minelab Equinox

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to Kellyco sales guy, the next batch should have the longer cord, expected to be delivered anytime now. Pic shows both length (i painted the one set gray, which the guy said voided the warranty, quite ridiculous, but whatever). The shorter length isn’t too bad really, but the longer cord is nicer, imo.

What did you use to paint them. I like the battleship gray, too.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This particular paint seems to take a long long time to dry/cure, especially if humid, just an fyi

Attachments

• 02BKNQv.jpg
    02BKNQv.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 100

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Gray as well, only because I will use these if in a area I do not want to leave because of threat of rain etc. If in a park or other such places, the yellow would say, "Come over and see what I'm doing". I ordered a pair as just another good tool to have on hand for the EQ. I will also add, for two of the same headphones, the difference in cords IS quite a difference. Wonder which mine will have.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The shorter cord is also very thick so it doesn't stretch easily and will constantly pull one ear cup down on your ear which is a bit painful.

CygnusX1

Jun 19, 2018
Covington, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll, Minelab Equinox 600 - Nokta Pinpointer, Xtreme scoop and handle.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice solid pair of headphones. I am waiting on the Gray Ghost for the Equinox to hit the market and give them a go.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Gray as well, only because I will use these if in a area I do not want to leave because of threat of rain etc. If in a park or other such places, the yellow would say, "Come over and see what I'm doing". I ordered a pair as just another good tool to have on hand for the EQ. I will also add, for two of the same headphones, the difference in cords IS quite a difference. Wonder which mine will have.

Received the two pair, both cords seem to be the long ones. Have them for wet/damp weather hunting.

justundermyfeet

Nov 13, 2018
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 2 - MINELAB EQUINOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi RC

Few questions regarding this one from Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-PELSO-W...794952?hash=item3fc64bc888:g:CIQAAOSwIbtb6pHb

- The waterproof connector is good quality ? no problem at all with water, totally secure with the Equinox ?
- There is any added taxes as they are coming from Hungary ?
- There is 3 colors available, they are all the same models ?
- Also, those ones from Hungary doesn't have the LS Pelso brand on it, is that the same one ?

Regards
;-)

Lepreshawn

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My LS Pelsos are not blowing my ears off where I need to turn them down like described by Dan. Dan are yours louder than the stock wireless headphones for comparison? I’m wondering because my wireless headphones are much louder. Maybe something going on but wanted to have you explain more about the volume compared to the wireless headphones on 25.

justundermyfeet

Nov 13, 2018
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 2 - MINELAB EQUINOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just received my LS Pelso (Black) yesterday and i don't fell confortable with it. Little bit too tight for me on my head as i m not used to use a big headphone like that.

If someone is close to Miami Beach and was ready to buy one, let me know, it's NEW and UNUSED. I will sell it for the the eBay price so 69$, you save the shipping.
The white cardboard part on the left side is not glued well but i guess it's not a big deal and easy to fix.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My LS Pelsos are not blowing my ears off where I need to turn them down like described by Dan. Dan are yours louder than the stock wireless headphones for comparison? I’m wondering because my wireless headphones are much louder. Maybe something going on but wanted to have you explain more about the volume compared to the wireless headphones on 25.

The original set I tested for Kellyco and reported on here were in fact louder than the two sets I eventually bought...but they are plenty loud enough for me.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, haven’t been on here much. Pretty sure they are the same if seller was yorky something. Shortly after those, I discovered the patriot headphones, hands down, the ones to be runnin.

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
LS Pelso mod

I use LS pelso when they come out of the market.
I've been using the LS Pelso headphones ever since it went on the market. Usually wading in the water several times for diving.
The first series was made with a short wire, and the maker replaced it for me, for a material price.
Its volume and tone are excellent and it is loud enough underwater. The size of the ears is too small for me, not comfortable after long use.
That's why I decided to modify it. Another reason I use an OBN-style Peltor ear protector for Excalibur. Gel ear cushion and I really like it.
I changed one thing, added an extra layer in front of the mylar membrane. I glued trilaminated dry diving cloth over it. I later cut this out on one side because it reduced the volume too much.
I bought the gel ear cushion on aliexpress Zohan Ep01, It wasn't cheap. :( I put the Ls pelso in a Howard Leight Leightning L2 earmuff. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread