Any ideas what this is wrapped with

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
20180914_171822.jpg

20180914_171845.jpg

Like I said, wasn't after looks. The pantyhose covers the screen, and I don't go blind in the sun. The hockey tape is a cheap shot at keeping me from scarring the coil cable. The bondage tape is underneath and not visible.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What are we looking at?I see a control unit on a stick.:laughing7:

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it sounds silly, but I wrapped mine with bondage tape first. It has no adhesive. Then taped over that.

Yeh.....my detector has bondage tape, hockey stick tape, and wears pantyhose.
Just get the self cling fabric tape.

No need to tape over it.

Omg..whhyyy make it so complicated?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez...it is fabric self cling wrap....what is soooo hard to understand?

Hmm, not so sure, now that I look at it closer. To me it looks like spray on truck bed liner.

Last edited:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is camo tape. You use it on the Minelab metal detectors to keep the targets from disappearing on you when digging. Actually works well with any detectors but especially well on the nox 800.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is camo tape. You use it on the Minelab metal detectors to keep the targets from disappearing on you when digging. Actually works well with any detectors but especially well on the nox 800.

How does tape keep the targets from disappearing, exactly?

BTW this thread is hilarious...

OP
OP
T

thekevin

Jun 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it turns out I had a couple of rolls of that camo wrap so I went ahead and wrapped mine partially. I figure it will keep it from getting scratched up. unnamed (Medium).jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it turns out I had a couple of rolls of that camo wrap so I went ahead and wrapped mine partially. I figure it will keep it from getting scratched up. View attachment 1635269

If you wanted an invisible detector, mission accomplished, I guess. That looks like a tough place to dig.

OP
OP
T

thekevin

Jun 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, my knees are pretty sore today. It’s incredible the amount of stuff that gets trapped in those washes though.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ick I wouldn't do that what a mess (sticky tape) but to each his own! I'd just do a proper camo spray job on it.

OP
OP
T

thekevin

Jun 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s not tape, so no stick. It just clings to itself so it can be removed and put back on if needed.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried the camo fabric self cling tape, but I didn’t like the way it got after it was on for a while. It wasn’t easy to clean and would get fuzzy where you grab onto it over and over.
I now use a material similar to paratroop fabric. I got mine by ordering waterproof backpack covers-very inexpensive. I cut it into 2” wide strips which I wrap around whatever I’m covering, and I sew it at the end
It’s very easily done, and it has a nice feel, and is highly durable and water resistant and simple to clean. You can get any color you can think of as well as camo.

This is my nox I have it on the hand grip and the arm rest and also on my headphones covering spacer cushions I use so I can hear my surroundings while detecting. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537927858.458141.jpg

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guy's should have bought the GO-FIND, come with its own custom camo stickers you can collect and trade with your friends:occasion18:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread