digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Not 100% sure, but I think it's a spray on application. Don't remember the name. I guess in this situation, it's so you can't find your MD.:tongue3:

JMaynard

Aug 4, 2018
Texas
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger, BH Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like its going to be a type of sports tape. Zooming in on the pictures shows texture and hard lines at the edges of the tape. I've wrapped shotguns with similar stuff in the past. If you're looking to pick some up Wal-Mart usually has it in their hunting and outdoor areas.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it looks like tape. Makes the detector real easy to find if you set it down in tall grass. Lol.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's self clinging fabric tape...i use it on mine...but i use black.

Very cheap to but and much lighter and wayyy less bulkier than those silly neoprene ones.

It can also be reused over and over.

Matt.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not 100% sure, but I think it's a spray on application. Don't remember the name. I guess in this situation, it's so you can't find your MD.:tongue3:

Ya know, I might give it a try. I've been on a long dry spell for a silver coin, perhaps if they can't see my detector, I could sneak up on one and...…...

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100% not spray on.

Fabric

Matt.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I smell bacon....it's bacon camo...:laughing7:

OP
OP
T

thekevin

Jun 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, I feel like a dummy now. I have used this stuff before. Time to go buy some more I guess.

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hockey stick tape works well enough for 4 bucks. I could care less about looks, I wanted a somewhat more protective outer skin on all of it.

Mainly to protect the coil wire from getting caught while is rolling around the back seat.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hockey stick tape -- excellent idea! (However, anyone who wants to try it and is unfamiliar -- get CLOTH hockey stick tape, not "friction" tape).

Steve

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yeah, it looks like tape. Makes the detector real easy to find if you set it down in tall grass. Lol.

What a smashing idea, you're going to need another detector to find the one you just put down. Lol

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The adhesive on some tape will set like glue over time and be very difficult to remove. If you are going to go to that much trouble how about having it powder coated or chromed? Go old school with some flames maybe.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a fabric self-clinging wrap which leaves zero adhesive as it has no adhesive...it clings to itself.

You can get it in every colour you can possibly imagine.

I love the stuff.

When i come back from the beach i hose my 800 down and the sand etc comes off and the wrap magically stll holds in place.

I often get bored of black, so sometimes i will unwrap it, store it on a rilling pun and change colour...lol.

Matt.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand getting bored with black. But no camo for me until you can locate your MD with an app.
So...why don't companies offer different colors other than cost. Shake things up a little :)

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
The adhesive on some tape will set like glue over time and be very difficult to remove. If you are going to go to that much trouble how about having it powder coated or chromed? Go old school with some flames maybe.

I know it sounds silly, but I wrapped mine with bondage tape first. It has no adhesive. Then taped over that.

Yeh.....my detector has bondage tape, hockey stick tape, and wears pantyhose.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
After that wrap, you’re going to need a silver quarter on a stick to locate the detector in tall grass. Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions