What numbers are you passing up?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the 15" Excal coil round (I've only heard of the 8 and 10" hardwired stock coils on the Excal II, so I have no idea on the 15")? The reason I ask is because the Equinox coil is 12x15" elliptical, so it will theoretically have depth closer to the stock 11" Equinox coil vs. any round 15" coil, with the main advantage being 15" swing coverage vs.slightly more depth over the stock 11" round coil without all the weight that comes with a full up round 15" coil. Put another way, the 12x15" Equinox coil will theoretically have less depth than a 15" round coil.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, both the 15" "round" coils on my Excals are truly round DD coils. I've had the early style Coiltek WOT 2 spoke (worked fine until it went bad under warranty), The replacement spider design, which is currently on my Excal 2 machine, and the NEL Attack coil on my Excal 1000 blue tube machine. I also have a stock 1000 blue tube. The NEL 15" is actually slight bigger than the 15" WOT by about 3/4". Not sure where the actual winding is, so that may be a non-issue. I do like the NEL better though. Mine seems to go a little deeper, pin points better, and is more stable. Not a lot of difference, just a tad in all respects. It's less expensive too. :icon_thumleft:. If I get a slight increase in depth with the 12X15" Nox coil over the stock 11", that will just be a bonus. I mainly like the big coils for coverage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread