Your welcome!

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta ask... what is with the absolutely hideous holes and mess on the ground, boys?

I believe we are a leave no trace kinda hobby. And a full size spade?
Hmmm...

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta ask... what is with the absolutely hideous holes and mess on the ground, boys?

Hmmm...

Gotta ask....what’s up with the hideous pompous coastie attitude little man? [emoji631]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't follow the same rules as you park boys! We dig in the woods and fields. BTW I do know how to dig that way if I need to.

Hmmm...

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not causing drama. It's an observation. Lead by example kinda stuff. Some kid looking at your video would go "Oh hey, so, they use full sized gear and look at the ground. That must be acceptable" - so, excuse me for being the one to call out a big name such as yourself.

Wish I was a "Little man" , might have better odds of finding clothes or shes that fit. Or a detector shaft long enough for my "little man" frame.

Just sayin. If you want to take offence, that's a you problem not a me problem.
(You leave a mess like that in fields too, that's a shame)

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever dude im relic hunting in the woods and fields where it does not MATTER. What you gonna dig in the woods with here ? A lesh digger? I bet you can chop thru the roots with that real well. BTW I fill my holes back up I just don't lay a towel down to catch all the dirt like some park hunters do. I caught flack one time for digging that way in my own yard. :laughing7: …On a serious note though common sense has to be used by diggers because some places you have to be very careful.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not causing drama. It's an observation. Lead by example kinda stuff. Some kid looking at your video would go "Oh hey, so, they use full sized gear and look at the ground. That must be acceptable" - so, excuse me for being the one to call out a big name such as yourself.

Wish I was a "Little man" , might have better odds of finding clothes or shes that fit. Or a detector shaft long enough for my "little man" frame.

Just sayin. If you want to take offence, that's a you problem not a me problem.
(You leave a mess like that in fields too, that's a shame)

Who said I was talking about your stature?

BTW jealousy can come across rude

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever dude im relic hunting in the woods and fields where it does not MATTER. What you gonna dig in the woods with here ? A lesh digger? I bet you can chop thru the roots with that real well. BTW I fill my holes back up I just don't lay a towel down to catch all the dirt like some park hunters do. I caught flack one time for digging that way in my own yard. :laughing7: …On a serious note though common sense has to be used by diggers because some places you have to be very careful.

I see why you don’t allow comments on your videos calabash, you’d be explaining yourself to douche bags all day.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We got ya back Calabash. Everyone except a few know you're straight up with you digging habits.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video Calabash. I know you feel robbed with that great relic, but I would be doing somersaults if I found that "toasted" button. We just don't have to many Civil War finds like that up here in Illinois. Every now and then something comes along, but not often. By the way, I dig the same way when in the woods and fields. You just aren't going to hurt that Poison Ivy, or weed. Re-filling holes does not have to be an art form out in the woods.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great points on the low numbers as well - took the NOX to PA last week to see if I could find some keepers in spots where the Deus has been - I did dig some 3,4 & 5's....nothing great, a few small suspender clips and lantern parts but the Deus missed them for sure. NOX also sniffed out 2 really deep lead targets as well, round pistol ball and a bale seal. Deus's defense I only have the 9.5 HF elliptical coil.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have followed Calabash for quite sometime and I must agree with him. Where he hunts as long as he fills his holes it's perfectly acceptable. For an example watch some of the videos he has of test items in his own yard. He has them marked but his yard looks fine.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
Your right Calabash digger is in a place that the grass is mowed and can be seen from the road it's unexcusable to treat someone's property like that. Just pure laziness.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta ask....what’s up with the hideous pompous coastie attitude little man? [emoji631]

I see why you don’t allow comments on your videos calabash, you’d be explaining yourself to douche bags all day.

Truth , Tone it Down :( I Didn't see this thread till Now, But
Your attack is More Unacceptable then Bquamb's !

He asked a Question, perhaps a little strongly. & Insulted a Hole by Calling it Hideous.
but
He didn't go in for Personal Attacks against a Member..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ACTUALLY I am on a dirt road that goes down to a SPRAY DO DO FIELD.... Maybe you can stop by when your up this way and we can dig the DO DO FIELD and you can show me proper digging techniques...Critics got to love them. I don't live by you guys rules.....:tongue3: BTW these kind of comments erk me. Some act like we are all digging in the park or some ones yard and we are not.
Your right Calabash digger is in a place that the grass is mowed and can be seen from the road it's unexcusable to treat someone's property like that. Just pure laziness.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya Freakin ridiculas

Top Member Reactions