• 3WDXTJL.jpg
    3WDXTJL.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

CygnusX1

Jun 19, 2018
Covington, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll, Minelab Equinox 600 - Nokta Pinpointer, Xtreme scoop and handle.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great research! Thanks!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great detailed info, thanks. How is external sound isolation? Comfort? How do you like them compared to the Pelso's (some of those Pelso volume results are surprising to me since in my testing the Pelso's were strong across the board but I only tested 3 target types, gold ring, penny, and silver dime)? And of course, what do those volume controls actually do (lol)?

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GG’s are always highly comfortable, have had many sets over the years. The GG’s really isolate exterior sound nicely, much more than the ML Koss. Tbe Pelso’s isolate ext sound well too. I was surprised too by the db levels on the Pelso’s, they are loud on gold, and sound “better” than the piezo types. The ML’s were weak in volume on nickels, low tone golds, don’t isolate external sound as good and have the most non-conforming fit. The GG’s on silver are very loud, but see the volume control as a pointless added expense in manufacturing labor/time/etc. Just needed to find which was “better” for my underwater needs here. I’ll still use the Pelso’s for wading, the GG’s will be for diving, possibly using 2 tones, with a louder custom tone, cuz I dig most everything when diving anyhow. Have been down to 16ft with an 800 for many hours, with no issues (knock on wood), same with an AT Max.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GG’s are always highly comfortable, have had many sets over the years. The GG’s really isolate exterior sound nicely, much more than the ML Koss. Tbe Pelso’s isolate ext sound well too. I was surprised too by the db levels on the Pelso’s, they are loud on gold, and sound “better” than the piezo types. The ML’s were weak in volume on nickels, low tone golds, don’t isolate external sound as good and have the most non-conforming fit. The GG’s on silver are very loud, but see the volume control as a pointless added expense in manufacturing labor/time/etc. Just needed to find which was “better” for my underwater needs here. I’ll still use the Pelso’s for wading, the GG’s will be for diving, possibly using 2 tones, with a louder custom tone, cuz I dig most everything when diving anyhow. Have been down to 16ft with an 800 for many hours, with no issues (knock on wood), same with an AT Max.

Great info, thanks!

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
rc’s results parallel my observations and does so with hard numbers.

I personally prefer the Pelso headphones and since I don’t dive anymore, these will be my go to headphones for all my detecting.

Again, good info and good job rc!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread