Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Equinox lower rod project COMPLETE (see pics). Production to begin Tuesday!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920I Sand S
    1450 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Received mine today. I had mine made a little longer. It came wrapped in the perfect box with excellent packing. Iíll be in the water tomorrow with it and will provide feedback on how the extra length performed in the water.
    RustyGold and sgoss66 like this.
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

Mar 2008
    Virginia
    Minelab Equinox 600
    134 times
    Steve,
    Can you add me to your waitlist for a standard sized lower rod please? Thanks!

Phil
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I don't do this because I like it. I do this because I love it!

Apr 2017
    NEW ENGLAND
    Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F44, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
    1551 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hi Steve-please add me to the waitlist for the standard sized lower shaft for my Equinox 600. Thanks! Tom
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920I Sand S
    1450 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by slider66 View Post
    Received mine today. I had mine made a little longer. It came wrapped in the perfect box with excellent packing. I’ll be in the water tomorrow with it and will provide feedback on how the extra length performed in the water.
    Went detecting for the day at the beach with the Equinox using the lower rod that Steve made for me. The rod is 3 inches longer than the standard Equinox rod. It is longer in length than my Excal rods to give you an idea of how it looks. I am referring to Anderson and Plugger shafts that i use with my two Excal's. The extra length 28 inches allows me to have an extra 3 inch reach. There was no difference in balance, and no difference in swinging the Equinox in the water. The rod is well made and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a little extra reach.
    Here is a few photos of my finds from the other day. Found a silver broken chain and a few junk rings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1683.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	1652389

Name:	IMG_1684.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	1652390

Name:	IMG_1685.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	1652391
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    Phil and Tom --

THANKS for your interest! I have you both added to the list, for a "standard" rod. I'll have the rods assembled and ready to ship within the next week! I'll be in touch with you both, when I have a rod boxed up and ready for you...

slider66 --

THANKS for the kind words -- really glad you are happy with the rod, and that the extra length is working well for you! Nice finds, as well! I need to get back to the beach again!

Thank you all!

Steve
    Phishfindr likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I don't do this because I like it. I do this because I love it!

Apr 2017
    NEW ENGLAND
    Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F44, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
    1551 times
    Metal Detecting
    I just swapped out the original rod for the new one. WOW! The slight wobble I had with the old one is gone! And the new one is really, really well made and looks awesome.

Great work Steve. Thank you!
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    Tom,

Thanks for the kind words -- I'm really glad that you are pleased with the rod, and that it has helped to minimize the wobble you were experiencing. I try to keep my suppliers working to very tight "tolerances," including on the outide diameters of the carbon-fiber tubes, and that in conjunction with that little bit of extra length I include on the end of my "standard" rod is intended to help out a bit with respect to "wobble" issues that some might be experiencing with their stock lower rod, at that lower twist-lock connection. I'm glad it has helped, in your case!

THANKS!

Steve
    Phishfindr likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    16502 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Sweet finds!
    sgoss66 likes this.

us
    Jul 2016
    Northern Indiana
    XP Deus Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Safari Nokta Impact
    572 times
    Metal Detecting
    The lower rod ordered from Steve arrived today. Fit, finish and over all quality are top notch! (The glossy carbon fiber looks way cool too) Highly recommended!

If you are swinging the Equinox with the stock lower rod, you need one of these.
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    THANKS for the kind words, Mark! Very much appreciated, and I'm thrilled that you are pleased!

I have both EQX and CTX shafts in stock, if anyone needs one.

Also, stay tuned over the next 1-2 weeks, for some news on the long-anticipated "complete carbon-fiber shaft" for the Equinox...

Steve
    Indiana Mark and HighVDI like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Bill

Jul 2018
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 SE LTD, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garret Carrot, Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
    87 times
    Relic Hunting
    Can you put me in for a lower rod as well? I'd like to connect it to the 11" and use the stock on the 6"? PM me where to paypal the money.
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    wallrat -- I'd be glad to get you a lower rod in the mail! I'll send a PM momentarily...

Thanks!

Steve

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5827 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I installed Steve's lower rod on my new 12 X 15" coil and it works great! Fits like a glove, no wobble, and nice quality. Thanks Steve!
    sgoss66 likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    cudamark --

PERFECT! Glad to hear it! Thanks for the kind words!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    I installed Steve's lower rod on my new 12 X 15" coil and it works great! Fits like a glove, no wobble, and nice quality. Thanks Steve!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links